Chapter 24

Warning: This chapter has some suggestive sexual content.

Shopping with her mother and Narcissa turned out to be worse than had Hermione expected. The moment they pulled up to the gate of her family home, Narcissa started gushing about how beautiful the Granger home was. Jean and Narcissa became fast friends and agreed on almost every hideous dress they tried to force Hermione into. Hermione had sent a patronus to Ginny begging her to rescue her. Ginny showed up ten minutes later with Teddy and James in tow and the two mothers' attention immediately shifted to the young boys, allowing Hermione and Ginny to each pick a suitable dress for the engagement party.

Hermione and Ginny declined an invitation to lunch, claiming that they both had to get to the ministry; Hermione to work and Ginny to see Harry. Narcissa and Jean left together to buy baby clothes for the daughter they were sure Hermione was going to have.

"I'm exhausted!" Hermione said, sitting down at her desk.

"I can't imagine why," Ginny said sarcastically, as she nursed a fussy James and tried to get Teddy to sit still long enough for her to give him a snack. "Hermione, can you have Elise call Harry to come get Teddy because he can't behave?"

"No! Mummy, no!" Teddy shrieked and sat down in the chair next to Ginny. "I can behave."

"That's what I thought," Ginny said, handing him some apple slices and casting a muffliato spell over him.

"Teddy has been driving me crazy, 'Mione! He's so jealous of James and wants to be under me all the time. I can't remember the last time I had a moment to myself." She leaned toward Hermione. "He even manages to find me when I'm showering. He's not like this with Harry; Just me." She sighed tiredly and sat back in the chair.

"Do you want me to take the boys for a few days next week?" Hermione asked.

"That's so kind of you to offer, but you've got so much going on yourself. I can't ask you to take my children."

"At least let Draco and I babysit one night so you and Harry can have a date night or something. It'll give us practice." She rubbed her stomach and smiled at her red-headed friend.

"I'll talk to Harry about it. Thanks 'Mione."

"No, thank you for saving me from Narcissa and my mother!"

Ginny grinned at her. "They seemed to get on really well."

"It was strange wasn't it?"

Ginny nodded. "So catch me up Hermione. What's the official wedding date? Did you see a healer?"

Hermione outlined the happenings of the previous few days, including her surprise visit from Narcissa and Draco meeting her parents.

"So you haven't told Pansy? Or Ron? Or Harry? I would have thought you would have told Harry by now."

"You haven't told Harry?"

Ginny shrugged. "I figured it's your news to tell. Although, it almost slipped when he told me that Draco bought you a car and he couldn't figure out why. Poor thing can be clueless sometimes."

"Wow Gin. Thanks for that. And I was planning on telling Pansy on Friday before the engagement party. She's coming over early to get ready. Did you want to come too?"

"Sure! I'll just have to have Harry drop the boys at Bill and Fleur's. Fleur is going to watch them." She glanced up at Hermione's clock. "I should probably get going. Teddy looks like he needs a nap."

After Ginny left, Hermione got down to business trying to catch up on her work as well as going over the contract that Draco had given her that morning. There was a lot that had to be changed to make it ready for the meeting the following week. Elise said goodbye at five and Hermione decided to put her head down for a few minutes before continuing with her work.