Chapter 14

"You don't have to do this Hermione," Draco said, pulling Hermione closer to him in the bed. "We haven't been dating that long and I understand if this is all a bit much for you."

He glanced over at her. Her eyes were closed but he could tell she was awake by the way her lashes fluttered as the early morning sunlight danced over her pale lids.

"Hermione, I know you're awake."

No response.

"Hermy."

Nothing.

"Fine. Just remember, you drove me to this." He used one hand to pin her arms above her head and started to tickle her with the other hand.

She shrieked with laughter. "Ahh! Draco stop! Fine, I'm awake, I'm awake!"

He released her arms and she settled into him, placing a sweet kiss on his lips before resting her head on his bare chest. They stayed like that for a few minutes before Draco spoke again.

"As I was saying, you don't have to be involved in this."

Hermione took a deep breath and sat up, drawing her knees to her chest and resting her chin on top on them. "It's okay Draco. I want to be there for you and if that means I plan a funeral for your father then so be it."

"You don't know the first thing about planning a pureblood funeral."

She rolled her eyes. "Aside from the fact that I am Hermione Granger and therefore perfectly capable of figuring it out on my own, I've already owled Pansy and she's going to help me."

"So modest, Herms," He chuckled before giving her a serious look. "You know this is going to reveal our relationship to everyone right?" Draco asked, raising an eyebrow at her. "Are you ready for the scrutiny that comes with that? From your friends and family?"

She nodded slowly. "Most of them suspect us anyway. Pansy and Ginny have been plotting to get us together since they met in December." She laughed. "It's so cute that they think I don't know. Seriously though, I don't care about their opinions. I care for you and that's all that matters."

Draco sat up and cupped her face in his hands before kissing her on the forehead. "I love you Hermione Granger," he whispered.

Her cheeks flushed and she looked up to meet his gaze. Those stormy grey eyes stared back at her, burning with a passion she had never seen before and she felt her heart beating faster, threatening to burst out of her chest. "You love me?"

He pressed his forehead to hers and nodded. "What's not to love?"

She smiled and leaned in to kiss him. "I love you too Draco Malfoy."

A few minutes later Draco almost had Hermione's shirt off when the door to his bedroom burst open. Hermione pushed Draco's hands off of her and pulled her pyjama top back down much to Draco's dismay. Teddy and Ravi ran through the door and jumped onto the bed, wide grins spread across their faces.

Draco laid back down and groaned loudly. "I was so close!"

Hermione slapped him on his chest and shushed him hurriedly.

"My daddy says that every time I wake him and mummy," Teddy said thoughtfully.

"Mine too!" Ravi chimed in. "So close to what Aunt 'Mione?"

"So close to being punched," Hermione said under her breath.

"What did you say Aunt 'Mione?" Ravi asked.

"Nothing sweetheart. Why don't you two go brush your teeth and Uncle Draco will be down in a few minutes to give you breakfast, does that sound good?"

The two small boys nodded and kissed her on the cheek before leaping out of the bed and running out of the room. Hermione waited until she heard them thundering down the stairs before smacking Draco's shoulder.

"Ouch! What was that for?!"

"You know what it was for!" Hermione huffed, sitting back against the headboard and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh come on Herms it was a joke," Draco said poking her in her side.

She yelped but tried to keep her stoic face. "No it wasn't. You're upset that we haven't had sex yet. I'm not stupid."

"I'm not upset that--" Her pointed look at him made him stop mid-sentence. "Fine. I might be a tiny bit frustrated. But it's only because you're so alluring! This body of yours is a constant temptation." He sat up and tried to pull her closer to him but she resisted. He settled for tenderly brushing a stray hair from her face.

"Come on Hermione don't be mad at me. I've just told you I love you for Merlin's sake. And this day is already going to be shitty without you being put out with me."

Her resolve softened and she snuggled closer to him. "You're right Draco, I'm sorry. I'm not mad at you, promise." She looked over at the clock on the nightstand. "We do need to get moving though. I've got to stop by my office before I meet Pansy and you need to get to your father's company."

"I have an actual job that I have to attend. I can't just drop my work to pick up his," Draco said irritatedly.

"I know but you should at least go see what's going on. You do own the company now." Hermione got out of the bed and started to walk toward the bathroom. "Besides, I already called into St. Mungo's for you."

Draco glared at her and started to protest but Hermione turned around and interrupted him. "If you hurry and get the boys fed, I might let you join me in the shower," she said with a wink.

His eyes widened before he leapt out of the bed and he ran out of the room calling for Teddy and Ravi to meet him in the kitchen, leaving Hermione in a fit of laughter.

Thirty minutes later Hermione was straightening Draco's tie as he prepared to floo to Malfoy International's main office. "Don't worry about anything but your company today. Pansy and I will take care of everything."

"You really don't have to do this. What about your job Herms?"

"I'm the boss remember? Time to delegate," she said with a smirk. "Maybe your mate Theo would be willing to do some actual work today."

"And the boys?"

"Are well behaved and excited to help Aunt 'Mione. Next excuse?"

Draco pulled her into a hug and kissed her firmly. "Thank you Hermione, really."

"Yeah, yeah just go make some money so you can take me somewhere really nice for dinner tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Why not tonight?"

"You forgot already? We're having dinner with your mother tonight."

He groaned, "I did forget actually. Will Ravi and Teddy still be with you this evening?"

"I'm not sure but we'll adjust accordingly if they are. Now stop stalling and go. We've got to leave right after you." Hermione kissed him on the cheek and pushed him toward the fireplace. "Have a great day Draco! Love you!"

Draco grinned at her from the fireplace before throwing down the floo powder and shouting, "Malfoy International Headquarters!"

A/N Shorter chapter to set up for the next one! :) Happy reading! Please vote, comment and follow!