Prince Merlin.

In this chapter, Merlin was raised by a kind lady in Ealdor, not by his mother. He hadn't met anybody else in his family except for his father who recognized him almost immediately. The rest is generally the same, except none of the Arthurs bane has really happened yet. It's another story about Merlin being a Prince. (Not my idea.)

It had been a boring morning, watching Arthur train. Until a group of knights from another kingdom came along, and had asked for a meeting with the king. As Arthur hurried to the throne room for their guests, he told Merlin to be at his side the whole meeting.

When the king was seated, and Merlin at his side, the guards opened the door. In walked five men dressed in chain mill. They bowed before the king, and then they stood again.

"What business have you in Camelot?" Arthur demanded authoritively.

"We wish only to find our lost Prince, my younger brother. We are from a kingdom called Trudom. My name is Hayden. Unfortunately it has been so long that my brother would have forgotten me, our family, and our kingdom. If you would allow us to search your kingdom for him, we'd become a great ally." This Hayden looked familiar for Merlin, but he was unsure of where.

Hayden had raven hair that was untamed. Green sparkling eyes filled with hope were looking up at Arthur. He had prominent high cheek bones. Muscle covered his thin frame, which to Arthur showed hard work, and he assumed that Hayden would be speedy in a fight. While Merlin just thought that he would use it to gloat to girls.

Arthur thought this over for a few seconds. "I will help you to find your Prince. You will stay in our castle tonight in the guest chambers. Merlin my servant will lead you there, and we will search tomorrow." Arthur explained what we would do. Although the knights seemed shocked momentarily when they heard about the guest chambers, well it seemed they were more surprised at the name Merlin, but it couldn't be. The knights soon regained their composure as Merlin led them to their rooms.

"So Merlin, where did you grow up?" Hayden asked curiously.

"In Ealdor," Merlin replied. "If you find anything to your disliking let us know."

Leading them into the guest rooms, Merlin was too curious not to ask, "Have we met before?"

Hayden turned back to Merlin, "I believe we have, but we'll see tomorrow."

That was when Merlin left. Although he wanted to ask more, Arthur had threatened to put him in the stocks for a whole day if he were to mistreat the guests at any point.

So Merlin was left to wonder all night.

Awakening was easier then usual, due to Merlin's burning desire to find where he met Hayden. Soon Merlin was in Arthur's room with his Breakfast. "Rise and shine! We have a busy day ahead trying to find the Prince of Trudom."

Knowing that Merlin would drag him out of Bed if he didn't do it himself, he slowly, and painfully planted his two feet on the cold floor.

'Gasp' "Sire! You got out of bed yourself! Such an accomplishment!"Merlin sarcasticly screamed.

"Shut up Merlin and help me get dressed." Came the sleepy reply.

After Breakfast, Arthur and Merlin headed to the place they had planned to meet the knights. They were already there long with a few servants and a few of his own knights. When Arthur and Merlin entered they started immediately.

"How did the Prince do missing?" Was Arthur's first question. If he was going to help, he needed facts.

"The kingdom was taken over when he was at the age of eight summers. He was hit hard on the head and he didnt remember anything except facts that he already knew along with most of his skills. We believe we have the remedy to make him remember." Hayden explained. "I know for a fact that he will be easy to find."