Damsel in distress/ Silver valley alternate continuation

This chapter is connected to another chapter, 'silver valley' (not 'silver valley continued', only 'silver valley') if you fully want to understand this chapter, I suggest you go back and read that. Except that Arthur came to terms with the fact that Merlin has magic. Despite that, Merlin still doesn't like talkative bout his magic.

I'm getting a really bad habit of starting a chapter, thinking it's horrible, and deleting it. That's one reason I haven't been uploading as much. Anyway, I finally finished another one! Sorry for long paragraphs, and here ya go Merlineans!!!

There they were. On another stupid mission. When was Arthur going to learn that going on missions was usually a bad idea? Literally every mission the princess went on would turn out horrible. If Merlin wasn't there, the gold haired boy would be dead ten times over. Well, probably more than ten, but nobody was really counting.

Anyway, they were on their way to save a princess. Yes, the princess wanted to save a princess. That was Merlin's favourite joke at the moment. Despite Arthur's attempts to make Merlin shut up, he was still talking.

There had been rumours of a Princess stuck inside a tower, protected by a dragon. Merlin was seriously wondering why princes saving princesses from castles seemed to be all the rage these days, but he was sure he could do a far better job then Arthur when it came to getting rid of dragons. It was actually quite funny how Arthur thought he could kill 'another' dragon.

"There's the tower!" Arthur muttered more to himself than to Merlin.

Moving forward, the two began to look for a dragon. At the moment there was none in sight.

There was no laughter, no jokes, and no speaking whatsoever. They barely breathed. Their focus was on the landscape. Still no dragon.

Now they were at the tower, yet, there still was no dragon. So Arthur began cautiously climbing up the tower with Merlin.

Merlin being in bad shape continuously huffed.

"Merlin, you're so loud, the dragon is going to be so annoyed by your huffing, he's going to kill you first."

"Nah, huff, he's going to be more annoyed by your huff voice. He'll try to get rid of you first."

"Shut up Merlin."

At the top of the tower, the two slipped in through the open window. They found a simple sleeping quarters with a bucket on the left, a bed near the back, and a closet beside the bed.

In the bed was a slim young figure, and a head full of raven hair.

One thing Merlin had figured out by now, was that most of the people with black hair had magic. So it was not a good sign for Arthur that she had black hair.

The girl stirred. Catching a glimpse of her youthful face, Arthur gasped. She was beautiful. Maybe she's a siren or a lamia, Merlin thought to himself.

Once she sat up, the two could easily see her face. Arthur looked smitten, but Merlin just looked defeated. Not again, was the thought to go through Merlin's mind. Remembering the last time Arthur fell in love, the girl had been a banished faerie. (I think that's how it's spelled anyway.)

When she openings her eyes, Arthur looked awestruck. The Prince looked at Merlin, then back at the girl, and then back at Merlin.

"Merlin, are you sure you don't have a twin? Because she is the first person to have eyes anything like yours."

"I'm pretty sure I would know if I had a twin Arthur."

"Are you sure beca-"

"Yes, I am sure."