Unknown talents

I've seen others do stories like these, so I thought I would try it too. May not be the best, because I have no idea where I'm going with these.

It was rumored that it was going to be a cold winter. People all around had began to prepare. Gaining all the wood was the job the men and boys seemed to take willingly, while knitting and crocheting was left to the females. The majority of People had already gotten enough food to last them two winters, just in case.

For Giaus and Merlin the food and the wood was taken care of by the castle due to Gaius' position. That left clothing and blankets to Merlin.

Ealdor had extremely cold winters, so his mother had taught him how to make warm blankets, shirts and coats. In fact Merlin had become quite good at it. Something that was quite peculiar about Merlin's work was that it was could keep you warm even in the coldest temperatures of Ealdor.

Merlin had overheard a few females claiming that they would not have enough blankets for their entire families, and of course Merlin being the kind hearted person he was, he began making more blankets and gave them away. Not wanting to be teased for doing a girl's job, he would leave them at peoples door steps at night.

Soon women started talking about the kind hearted blanket maker, and how 'she' was super talented in making blankets.

This became a yearly thing.

Ladies would stay up late to see if they could catch a glimpse at the kind hearted blanket maker, some even left traps, or notes that invited 'her' in. 'She' was never caught of course. Sometimes if they stayed up late enough they'd see a raven haired boy walking around with a large bag though.

Soon Arthur wanted to know who this blanket maker was to thank them. He made plans, traps, and many other strategies to find out who 'she' was. None of those ever worked either. It was like someone kept on warning her. Unknowingly, Arthur was the one warning 'her'. Considering Merlin was at every single meeting, it was not a surprise when 'she' could not be found.

Merlin had often times been there for the plans too. With large bags, or disappearing a few times. No one paid attention of course, because 'this is Merlin we're talking about, he does weird stuff all the time!'

Clanging noises would often happen, and while the knights were distracted the blanket maker would strike. Sometimes a blanket would fall from a roof top to the door, and sometimes 'she' would leave a smoke bomb that  made them fall asleep, and when they awoke there would be a blanket on the door step of a house.

Arthur was extremely curious how the blanket maker managed to evade them so many times, but after a while he realized that they would not catch them anytime soon with the same strategies.

So the council got together again, and they only had a few people there. No servants were allowed. They sat and came to a much easier solution that they should have came to in the start. Asking the man who sold wool, and Yarn who bought so many products from him.

Arthur brought him into the castle one day, his name was Antony.

Merlin looked extremely horrified when that happened. Arthur just assumed that he knew him and was worried for Antony.

After a brief meeting Arthur finally knew who was the blanket maker. There was no way that Arthur was going to thank him, Arthur was too embarrassed that he had managed to evade him and his knights multiple times! Although Arthur might just give him a raise though.

..........................
(Arthur's gay and likes Merlin)

There was a masquerade ball coming up. Arthur and Merlin had been extremely busy preparing for it.