a plot twist that makes Merlin's head spin

I'm SOOOO sorry I haven't updated in a while! I've gotten like four hours of sleep a night for two weeks straight, so I have an excuse. Here's a quick chapter that's adorable  (in my opinion)

Merlin walked into Arthur's chamber's with a lunch for an certain prat in hand. Carefully he placed it in front of a twitching prince.

"Lunch is served sire," Merlin told before turning to leave. He had a lot on his mind, and added chores from earlier were not helping.

Before Merlin could escape, Arthur spoke, "Merlin, wait..."

"Yes sire?"

Scratching his neck, he began, "I need to tell you something."

There was silence for a moment. Merlin broke it. "Go on."

Arthur looked down at his toes. "I don't know who else to tell. You've helped someone in the same situation as me before, so I'm hoping you'll understand. You're also the person I trust most in my life right now, as much as it pains me to say it."

At this point, Merlin was worried. He let a small smile out at Arthur's small attempt to maintain his status, but that was all.

Another nervous habit popped up. Arthur began to fiddle with his fingers. Normally Arthur could hide nearly every trace of emotion. Apparently not with Merlin, and what he wanted to tell.

"It would pain me to lose you. I know I sound all mushy, but it's true. I'm hoping you can help me, or forget what I'm about to tell you."

Merlin nodded. He was so stressed. What secret could Arthur bare on him now? At the moment Merlin had enough on his shoulders including the usual magic hiding, recently losing a loved one, and stopping assassins.

"I'm not sure how to say this either, but I need to get this off my chest to someone. It won't go away."

"Just say it Arthur," Merlin told firmly.

Arthur sighed. "I have magic. I've tried to pretend it isn't there, but every time I do, it just explodes out at some point. I need your help to get rid of it or control it."

Three words were ringing through Merlin's head.

I have magic

I have magic

I have magic

"Well I didn't expect that, but I'll definitely help you Arthur. In fact, I think that'll make things easier for me."

"What do you mean?" Arthur asked.

"You'll see," was Merlin's simple reply.