professional criminal?

Nice long chapter for Y'all. Another magic reveal! Because I lovvvveeeee them!

There was a pesky little problem in Camelot. There was a peasant in the kingdom who had gained nearly the amount of power as a noble. Let's just say the peasant didn't appreciate everything the king did and wanted some changes. This problem had caused many unnecessary problems.

So far the thief had a nickname. Robinhood. He stole from the Nobles. Lately a few Nobles had burst into the throne room and demanded Uther find this nuisance. It was fairly obvious that the Nobles were upset. They were losing a small profit that they seriously wanted.

Arthur had heard from Uther that he kept it for his own personal gain. Gwen had heard that he gave the money he stole to the poor. Gwaine had heard both and was utterly confused.

Somehow Robinhood had managed to keep his hideout location secret, along with the identities of his hench men. It was said that Robinhood took in whoever had a decent skill that would benefit him, and that he accepted homeless as long as they found a way to help.

Unfortunately for Uther, any attempts to catch him was unsuccessful. Now there was a rumour going around the knights that Robinhood could smell a trap from two miles away. Slowly a part of Camelot's population began to rebel when they heard what Robinhood was doing.

These things did not make Uther happy. So now Arthur was going undercover trying to find this Robinhood.

"Merlin, get me my bed roll."

Merlin was also there. He'd rather not spend these days cleaning the leech tank for Gaius, so this was the better option.

"You do know normal peasants don't usually order others around right?" Merlin asked incredulously. They were supposed to be undercover and the dollop head might blow it the way he was acting.

Arthur looked down with a confused look. "Well how do they get what they need?"

Merlin snorted. The Prat suited the nickname 'idiot far better than Merlin. "They get the stuff themselves," Merlin replied annoyed.

A small frown befell Arthur's face before he got up and grabbed his own bed roll. This was going to be a challenge for the blonde.

Following Arthur's actions, Merlin grabbed his own bed roll and placed it beside the prince's. It had been a long day of traveling for both of them.

They had gone on foot to seem more like peasants. Arhur's posture was also very much so, a giveaway that he was not a peasant. So Merlin had forced him to slouch slightly. Merlin had also forced Arthur into some old clothing, along with making Arthur roll around in some dirt. After that he had not seemed like a royal. Well as much anyway. If you knew what you were looking for, then you could tell.

Seeing Arthur like this had made Merlin wonder what would have happened if Arthur had not been a prince, and they had met under different circumstances. Perhaps they would have been friends? Would Arthur know of his magic in that alternate universe? Would Merlin not have to save his bloody arse all the time?

Merlin had no idea. With these thoughts Merlin fell asleep.

Arthur on the other hand was thinking both about Robinhood and Merlin. It was kind of jumping between the two. Would Robinhood be able tell he was a royal? How could Merlin live like this? How could anyone live like this? Scratchy clothing, and being covered in grime made Arthur feel filthy. What would Robinhood be like? Would he be able to protect both himself and Merlin with one sword? Well Merlin had a sword with him, but he could barely lift it, let alone yield it.

Soon he too fell asleep.

Since they didn't have anyone gaurding, they didn't notice a group surround them early in the morning. Nor did they wake when the group grabbed their weapons.