moorrrree story ideeaaass

Modern
"How many times have I told you not to list me as an emergency contact?" Merlin to Gwaine.

What if Gwen was the antagonist all along?

Maybe expand on Arthur's dream that he told Gwen. You know the one where Merlin and Arthur run away and make a life farming together.

Modern day: Merlin convinces Arthur to try yoga with him. Arthur is not happy and complains about yoga being a form of torture

Merlin teaching Arthur something... (Imagine Arthur overreacting to Merlin's teasing about him being incompetent). Arthur getting incredibly irritated at his difficulties learning it.

What if Merlin and Arthur dated in secret? Show some of the adorable cuddling scenes, dates, and more.

Doctor who crossover. (Haven't watched it but plan to. Have general idea of what its like tho from friends) Arthur's body disappears. The doctor brought him to lake Avalon fixed him up and brought him to the time he was needed in the future. Finds old Merlin and makes a comment about how he hasn't aged a day since they last met. Merlin in choked tears turning back to his young self.

Foreign magical kingdom takes Merlin so that can meet Arthur on their own terms. Arthur and the knights following a bunch of obvious clues that are usually covered up. Somewhere in the process its revealed to them that Merlin has magic. Arthur doesn't care. He already knew and just wants his boyfriend back.

Turn "Arthur's bane" into "Arthur's long reign" by showing Merlin bot making the choices that led to Arthur's bane.

Modern day: its not Arthur's bane anymore. Now it's Arthur's band. Everyone loves them and they're becoming popular quite fast. Everyone ships the singer (merlin) and the drummer (arthur)

Modern day: magic begins to return to earth after its long hibernation. Arthur returns and Merlin has to teach everyone how to control it. Then someone accidentally releases a dragon. Suddenly unicorns are back and people want to hunt them. Not to mention Arthur becoming a warlock and having troubles with controlling his magic. Merlins got his hands full.

Show more of the backgrounds of the antagonists. Like Nimuah and cendred.

Merlin is hysterical after another loss, then blabbering on and on because he has barely had a chance to grieve. At first Arthur thinks he's crazy. Then he starts listening and he realizes he's talking about all the people he's lost. Then he figures out the majority is rather recent.

Arthur gets a small cold and he acts like he's dying. So basically a really bad man cold. So basically a king cold.

Start making weird crossovers for no reason. First we get Charlie the unicorn (talking unicorn creeps Arthur out), next comes Jack sparrow (who gets along marvelously with Gwaine), suddenly Merrida (from brave) shows up and then Yoda jumps in (which just freaks the rest out because what is this talking frog, and Merlin is all "does he have magic? He does! But he calls it the force?). Altogether they have a common foe and must work together to bring them down. Could be other crossovers too, these are just the ones I came up with on the spot.

Merlin gets sick and Arthur becomes an absolute mother friend.

Arthur starts getting visions of the future and he starts seeing things from present day tv as well as around the world drama. He sees that monkey ice cream commercial (you know the one the monkey scoops it out of his own head). Occasionally he sees scary moments from horror movies so he's convinced there will be wendigos and vampires in the future. Then one night he wakes up from a nightmare and Merlin asks what's wrong. Arthur responds with, "I just saw a talking cheeto get into power and become president."

°