The Offer continued 1

Continuation of the offer.

It's almost been five years now. Then I have the choice to stay or return to Camelot. I really don't know what I want to do after this. I've helped a lot in Aldden, I've nearly mastered my magic, and everyone here respects me.

Being court warlock was a unique experience, half the time I could do whatever I wished, and the other half I'd be helping Stan plan, helping out in random jobs around the kingdom, and being hassled like the king normally would. I'd hatched three Dragon eggs, killed two evil sorcerers, and even started training to become a knight. It's been weird.

Along the five years I'd met Morgana and made peace with her. She simply wanted to know why I did what I did. When I explained she understood, and we became friends again. Our friendship was not the same as it had been, but we bonded over our magical similarities.

She of course never found out I was Emrys, I made sure of that. Unfortunately in my third year here, there was a magical accident where I told her to get something from a cave. I hadn't realized there was a group of Griffins in there and they killed her. It was my fault. Just as the prophecy foretold.

Besides that, it was a fairly good learning experience. Well as good as it could be with Marietta constantly at my side flirting. It became annoying. I didn't have the guts to tell her I was gay though. Then she'd just try to pair me with one of her gay friends. It was extremely annoying.

Not as annoying as a certain dallop head back in Camelot. I missed him. I understand why he chose what he did. He truly believed magic would harm the kingdom. It had always been the good of the kingdom over emotions.  (I don't even have to say the name, and you already know who I'm talking about)

Although, i'd heard a few rumours that he had nearly died a few times. I honestly wasn't surprised.

I left Gwaine a note to protect him for me while I was gone and promised to come back to Camelot one day. Actually, I was planning on visiting in about a week. The five years was finally over. Well in a few days anyway.

Although, I'd heard a few rumours that he had nearly died a few times. I honestly wasn't surprised.

A few days before I planned to leave I sent Gwaine a letter letting him know that I'd be back in a few days time. It most likely had arrived today.

Suddenly Stan came running into my chambers. "Merlin! I have horrid news! A large army is attacking Camelot and I fear they cannot survive it without your support! You must leave now!"

"What about the deal? I had to stay for five years and I still have a week left!" I shouted rather shocked.

"Deal smeal. This is more important. As long as you come visit. Now get your stuff and go!" With this I started getting ready. "I'll get the your ride ready for you Merlin."

"Stan wait," I stopped him. "Thank you for everything. Hopefully I'll see you soon, depending on how much the prat needs me." My last sentence caused Stan to chuckle.

"It is I who should be thanking you. You've done much for this kingdom Merlin. Now hurry!"

What to pack what to pack? Minimum amount of clothing, throw on some chainmail, need my sword of course. Some food for the journey, and a small spell book I've made for battles. Oh! Can't forget my Neckerchief! I grabbed my now full bag and ran, barely realizing my shoes were on the wrong sides. At the moment that didn't matter. What did matter was Arthur.

Finally I got to the cliff side where me and Stan trained the dragons together.

"Calixto is ready Merlin. Good luck." Stan pointed to the sky blue dragon stretching, and I raced to her neck. She 'gracefully' allowed me to board her. Then the rush of adrenaline was back. The view was wonderful as always, but I had other things to think about. Was this a magical army? How large of a threat were they? These thoughts continued until I got to my destination. Camelot.