interesting

I swear this is the most obvious chapter ever. Not the best ending, but I couldn't thimk of anything else. Anyway, here it is. Enjoy.

It had been a weird week for Arthur. Who am I kidding, it's always a weird week with Merlin around. Just this time, it was slightly more noticeable for Arthur.

The assassins had started to grow brains, and Merlin had to work harder. One had almost gotten to Arthur when he was in a meeting. The man had a crossbow, and supposedly had the best aim in all of the five kingdoms. Strangely the arrow hadn't hit Arthur, and just missed. Shortly after he had a heart attack in the middle of trying to shoot Arthur.

That was a rather dramatic turn of events for the royal court, and they upped the guards as they should've done ages ago. That was problematic for Merlin. Sneaking around was much harder. He was caught twice and each time he was reported to Arthur by the guard that caught him. Awkward was the only way to describe each conversation.

There had been a few other attempts on Arthur's life, and each of them left Merlin doing strange things when others walked in. Like when Gwaine found Merlin stealing wine from the castle. Gwaine had just cracked a smile and walked on. Someone had poisoned Camelot's wine supply. Then another time, Gwenivere found Merlin pinned to wall by a man (who was trying to get information) and she became rather meek before saying something along the lines of "I didn't know you swung that way."

Arthur had encountered a few of these things too. Mostly just Merlin acting weird and trying to hide things. This time, Arthur found Merlin trying to leave his room holding a kitten as If it was going to burst into flame at any moment.

"Merlin, what in Gandalf's name are you doing?" (I felt like adding Gandalf, don't judge me)

Merlin looked down at the kitten wide eyed, and looked up. "Getting out the kitten?"

"And why was there a kitten?"

Unsure of himself, Merlin muttered, "you left the door open?"

"Fine, get rid of it and come back."

Merlin didn't need to be told twice. Racing out the door, he nearly tripped. He really didn't want to explain why the kitten could shoot out a blue elsectric shark that could bite and burn things. (If you haven't watched Dirk Gentlys Detective agency you won't understand the last sentence as well.)

..........

Arthur was sitting at his desk, hands clasped together, and leaning toward the door when Merlin came in. The warlock had rid himself of the kitten, and now he was back.

There was a quick gesture to sit down from Arthur

To rid them of the tense atmosphere, Merlin decided to make a joke. "What is this, an interrogation?"

"Yes."

"Did I do something?"

A nodd from Arthur, but his face bore an intimidating expression. "A lot of somethings."

All that was going through Merlin's head was, is he going to fire me?

"Merlin, you intrigue me."

"I'm not that interesting." Merlin swallowed nervously.

"Funny. Uninteresting people generally don't have to say that." Arthur leans closer. "What are you trying so hard to hide?"