Funeral

Inspired by movie I watched recently. It has a few changes tho. Just a fun, quick update. Starts angsty/weird goes to funny.

Walking in, Arthur found multiple people crying. Many servants, nobles, and knights. The sheer number proved that this was a traumatic event. Blotchy eyes, dark clothing, and sadness seemed to be shared features everyone had.

Arthur had just walked into a funeral. Nearly everyone in Camelot had wanted to come to this man's funeral. As much as Arthur hadn't wanted to come, here he was.

Due to the amount of people, they were having the funeral in Camelot's ballroom. This was the only place they were aware of that would work for such an occasion. Well, besides outside, but that would leave Camelot far too vulnerable.

Leon was at Arthur's side. Out of everyone who could join him, he had decided Leon would be best. He'd be able to keep Arthur from doing anything unreasonable.

Between the many people crying for the death, there were a few that were strong enough to hold back the tears. Then there were all the people that were close to the person who had died. They all looked like they didn't care that much. Gwaine for example, had cracked a joke. Then Gaius looked rather bored.

Whose funeral was it? Merlin's.

So many people had shown up to mourn for him.

Coming closer, Arthur had gotten a glimpse of Merlin in the open casket. Many had expected Arthur to cry. He wasn't though.

When he was finally standing in front of Merlin, Arthur just stared down at him. Looking for a movement, or some other sign of life.

"I'm sorry sire. It's unfortunate that this has occured," Leon attempted to comfort.

Not looking away from Merlin, Arthur muttered, "he's done this before."

"Sire. He's dead."

"Sure," was Arthur simple reply.

Then Arthur reached down and pinched Merlin. No movement. Next, he grabbed a needle that was used to pin flowers to Merlin's shirt, and poked Merlin with it. Still no movement. So he pushed the pin further. Not a flinch.

The person that organized the funeral asked everybody to sit down. After speaking a few kind words, he asked if anybody would like to say anything about the deceased.

Literally everyone looked at Arthur. Leon nudged him, and soon he was up at the front.

"Well, umm... Merlin was loyal, kind, and humorous. Because of that, I don't believe he would mind me saying he was a horrible servant." A light laugh rumbled through the room. It was of course accompanied by sniffles and tears. "The idiot could turn the most serious situations into jokes." Gwaine nearly fell out of his seat trying not to laugh when Arthur said that. Oh, the Irony. "He's stood by us for the years he's been here. He will live on, despite his death."

There was a polite clap, before Arthur sat down. At the moment, Arthur wanted to kill Merlin.

"Emrys is dead!" Morgana shrieked after swinging the door open. "Finally I can take over!" Magical blasts were sent everywhere, and all the blotchy eyed people hid. Her cackle was heard everywhere. As quick as she had come, she had disapeared.

So had Arthur.

..........

"Morgana, can you not?"

"No."

"What is it with people and stealing royalty?" Arthur asked annoyed.

"They have the power, duh."

Sighing, Arthur wondered why they always got so childish around each other.

"I'll be right back. Don't move," Morgana told a tied up Arthur, who was surrounded by all her followers.

"Wouldn't dream of it!"

Two minutes later, he had his ropes untied. Swiftly Arthur tripped two of the people surrounding him, and punched another two. That left three. Each were running at him, so he simply jumped out of the way causing them to collide.

Following the way Morgana had gone, (since it was the only exit) he watched for any signs of movement. There weren't any. So he'd gotten outside without being spotted. Unfortunately, Arthur was not lucky enough to get away without being noticed.

"Stop!" Morgana yelled to a running Arthur. When he didn't, Morgana used a spell to make him stop.

"Did you really think you could get away?"

"Yes."

Morgana glared at him.

Just then a man in a cloak raced in on a horse. Grabbing Arthur, he raced into the forest leaving an infuriated Morgana.

"Cut it a little close there didn't you Merlin?"

Merlin turned around with a grin. "I did it didn't I?"

Snorting, Arthur grabbed the reins before they hit a tree.

"Used amnesia this time. Didn't wake up fast enough. Heard you cried. That was really sweet of you," Merlin rambled.

"I did not cry!"

"Suuuuurrrrrreeeee sire."

"I did not!"

Merlin snorted before taking back the reins and riding back to Camelot.

"Who did you hear that from?"

"Gwaine."

Of course! Arthur thought.

.
This was a mess from start to fin. I think that's why I like it tho.