a fraction of the truth continued

So I've gotten a lot of requests to continue 'a fraction of the truth' so here it is. I know another person has written something about it called the truth is key, so go check it out if you want to read more about this idea. Just to clarify, they asked me if they could use the idea and I agreed.

Please re-read the chapter so you know what it's like if you don't remember from the previously thing below.

Previously on a fraction of the truth:

The prat had turned to face a paler then usual Merlin.

"Go on, tell the gate."

"Its not that simple, it would take a while to explain." He had muttered.

The Prince seemed annoyed at this. "C'mon Merlin, just say your fear, if you can't explain it all, then summarize it." Arthur waited for Merlin to speak up for a bit, until he lost his patience. "We only have so much time for the people of Camelot so get on with it."

Fear. That was the only thing Merlin was showing right now.

"Uh.... Not being accepted and death?" Merlin more asked then told. He imagined himself on the pyre burning because Arthur hadn't accepted him when he found out.

"Be more precise." The gate had spoken up again.

"What are you so afraid of?" Arthur had asked with genuine curiousity.

"You."

Then the gate opened.

......................

Merlin raced through the gate as soon as it was open enough. Questions were going to be coming out of Arthur's mouth in seconds.

"Wait... Merlin? What?"

There it is.

Sighing, Merlin told Arthur, "I don't want to talk about it." Even though he knew Arthur wouldn't be deterred from a simple statement.

"Why are you so afraid of me Merlin?"

"Why are you afraid of being alone Arthur?"

"I asked you first!"

"I asked you second," Merlin replied calmly.

Thinking for a moment, Arthur remembered what Merlin had said earlier. Uh... Not being accepted and Death? Then later, You. Were they perhaps connected?

"So you're already accepted, and it's not likely that you'll die with me around," Arthur stated cockily. When Merlin snorted, he knew at least one of those statements were wrong. "What? You don't feel safe around me?"

"Look, over there is the camel statue that we had to find. We're on the right track."

Coming closer, Camel corner became colossal. Arthur aimed for another attempt. "Why don't you feel safe?"

Merlin simply snorted again thinking of the many times he had nearly died for Arthur.

"Merlin, do you have any reasons to be worried?"

"A lot actually."

Arthur had not been expecting this response. A 'no' or an example was what he wanted. He got neither.