Chapter 4: Aftermath

I checked up and down the prison over 20 times and I found no more escaped children

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I checked up and down the prison over 20 times and I found no more escaped children. Afterwords the rest of my day was cleaning the lower levels of the maw, and this was the most tiring thing I have ever done. On the count of me falling, stumbling, and slamming my face into pipes books and other things.

"This will definitely be something that will take time to navigate around" I mumbled to myself finally making it back to my room. "At least I made it back"

"About time old man" I jump in surprise to hear Cecil's voices coming from my room. "Sorry should have giving you a warning before coming down here"

I heard a sharp flick of a match and Cecil sucking on a cigarette, he was quiet until I heard a soft exhale.

"Care to talk for a bit?" He asked.

I walked towards the lever and lowered my bed, I sit up on it and reached for a cigarette from Cecil. I must have been far away from his hand, I heard a grumble as I felt him place the cigarette in my hand and lit it.

"Thank you" I said as I took a puff of the cigarette. " now what do you have to say Cecil?"

"I want to tell you better not let anymore vermin get up to our kitchen again." He said taking another puff and began to cough.

"You mean the children?" I asked.

"YES I MEAN THE CHILDREN" he yelled mid cough." Do you know how long I've spent trying to calm my brother?"

"What's the deal?" I snapped. " You cook them as it is, what's the difference from killing them?"

"I have no problem with it." Cecil's voice soon softened. " But my brother, he doesn't like it. If there dead he has no problem with it, he can chop, slice, and cook any meat you throw at him. Killing them however...that's a different story all together. David...he's not a k-"

"Not a killer?" I replayed. "He doesn't mind doing his job but he doesn't want to be considered a killer."

"Yeah...yeah he doesn't." Cecil took a long puff of smoke and exhaled. "That's why I don't care what you need to do, but don't let them leave this section of the maw."

"I'll do my best Cecil" I answered. "But I'm afraid until I know the in's and out's of this place I can't make a lot of promises."

I heard Cecil sigh. " I used to be the ones making the rounds down here, so if it helps then I'll show you the ropes. Some parts are hard for me to get to however, but at least you won't hit your head as much."

"That would be much appreciated, thank you." I told him taking another puff. "Maybe your not a rude little git after all."

"Watch it you old geezer" he yelled as I sat there and chuckled. "Tomorrow bright and early old man, better be ready to go."

Cecil walked out of the room and shut the door,a and now all I had for company was my thoughts. With Cecil's help I might just be able to get the hang of this place a lot sooner then expected.