chapter 21: Guilt at sea

The waves were crashing the small island that was on top of the giant ship known only as the maw. Standing there was a little girl in a yellow rain coat. Looking out to the ocean in silent and she soon began to whisper a small tune.

"Wise...men say...only fools rush in...but I can't help...fallin-"

Tears swelled up in the little girls eyes as her entire life flashed before her eyes. Her head started to hurt as her memories were forced back.

"D-daddy?" she choked out when she soon remembered what the hunger made her do. "Daddy! Daddy I-I'm sorry!"

She fell to her knees and started to cry louder and louder.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry." she yelled over the loud crushing waves. "Please bring him back! Bring my dad back!"

"Don't worry sweetheart, I'm not going away for you yet."

The girl looked behind her to see a man with long arms now stiched back to his body. Standing by the doorway smiling at her.

"Dad?" she spoke. "How did you? Your arms"

"Lets say two cooks found me and fix me up before I was really in trouble."

Six ran to him and held him tight, trying to hold back her tears.

"I love you dad."

The janitor gave a small laugh and picked her up. "I love you too six."

"Can...can we stay up her for a little longer? I want to Finnish the sunrise."

"Sure" he awnsered "after all, I think things will be better for us from now on."

...

However deep in the maw in a small dark room. A television turned on to static revealing a tall lanky figure on the screen.