Chapter 15: A Haven

Weeks went by after Bellhop told the Ferrymen to find Six, with no luck in sight from how it all seems. Every time he came back he would have found a child with a hood I would prey it was her, but without any luck. The lady would order me to take them to the prison, but I would let them escape as soon as we hit the lair. They would not be here if it wasn't for me, they should at least be able to live what ever life the have left outside of a cage. I was starting to lose hope in it all, weeks turned into months. The fourth time I ended up standing at the dock waiting until I heard the Ferrymen enter with his boat.

"So um did you find anything?" I asked him.

"Nothing, I'm going to try the city again in the northern shores once were closer." He told me. "Why do you care about finding this child?"

"I have my reasons." 

"Is it because you know who the child is, you can stop lying to me."

I looked up to him in shock, I was trembling at this moment I was found out. Should I run...what do I do?! "H-How did y-you.....?" 

"I know more then what you think Janitor, However no need to worry I won't inform the lady about this."

"What? Why? the bellhop basically tried to save his own skin when you caught him." I heard him laugh and soon a large hand was placed on my shoulder. 

"It's more fun this way." 

"What?"

"It's been fun watching you and him over the years trying to protect this child" he told me. "I like to see how this all turns out."

"Now your being as cryptic as the bellhop"

He laughed, and patted me on the back before he started to walk away. "Just remember, Janitor keep this interesting for me and your secret is safe with me."

Once I no longer could hear his footsteps, I sighed and headed back to my room.  "Six, please still be alive out there sweetheart."

Days went by after discovering what the ferryman knew about this. I decided not to tell the bellhop, I don't know how he would react over this information. I was working on my own small project at this time anyway, I was making a set of nurseries in a few of the room I was able to talk the lady about it saying that the children were dying way to quickly for me to catch them while they were still fresh. So a section to put them in to keep a eye on the sick ones would be the best thing to do, I was happy she said yes. 

As I was setting up the beds I heard a set of footsteps running towards me, I prepared for the worse until I heard a familiar voice.

"Roger!" The bellhop screamed.

"What is it?"

"T-The Child" He said panting. "H-He Found H-Her"

...

I ran to the docks as fast as I could. 

"D-Dad!" I heard six yell and I was soon greeted by a small embrace and the two of us crying. "Daddy I'm so sorry, I missed you so much. I ran way from the place Mr. Bellhop took me to find away to get back here but I got got lost and....and I-"

"Shhhshh, It's ok six" I told her coking back the tears trying to burst from my eyes. "You home now, Your back with dad now. And I Will never let you go. "

"I didn't think you cared so much Janitor." The ferryman interrupted. "It's been so long since I have seen the love of a child and her father. Be sure to take care of her, we wouldn't want the lady to find her."

"Don't worry Ferrymen" I told him holding on to the still crying six. "I wont let that happen, not now not ever."

 As I heard his large footsteps fade away i picked six up and walked back to the lair. Her crying had stopped and I soon felt a tug on my coat.

"Dad?, Did you miss me?" Six asked quietly.

"Of course I did sweetheart. I had that man search high and low for you, where on earth did you go after you ran away?" 

"I found a small boat and I took it to try to make it back, then a storm came and took me to another place. There was this big scary metal thing in the sky  with a red mist and he tried to take me, but I was able to run away every time if he tried. Then I met a small group of people like me and we made it to the city. I was there for a while until that man found me and took me back here."

"Sounds like quite the adventure six" I told her patting her head. "I'm just happy your back, now you get some rest i got something to show you tomorrow."

"Ok dad" Six gave me a small embrace. "I love you dad."

"I love you too, get some rest ok?"

...

"Dad!, Dad wake up!" Six yelled as she tried to shake me awake.

"I'm up six, don't worry about that." I picked her up and placed her on my shoulders. "Ready for your surprise?"

"Ready!" 

"Ok dear, close your eyes until I tell you to open them ok?" 

"Ok there closed" She told me as I walked her passed the nursery.

"Ok Open them six"

"Oh WOW!" Six yelled in excitement as she hoped off my shoulder. "You made a Place to play! There's toy's and swings and everything!"

"We'll figured I would put my collection to go use and I wanted to have something for you if you ever did come back. A small haven just for you."

"Thank you Dad! It's Amazing!" I soon felt her hand grab mine. "Come play with me!"

"Of course six"