6

Camila watched her clock in the car change into 7:05. She didn't want to come over eager. That's why she waited for 5 minutes. She grabbed her purse from the passenger seat and walked towards the restaurant.

Camila saw her, before she saw anyone else in the room. Lauren looked beautiful,  she was on her phone. Her hair fell as a curtain in front of her face and when she noticed someone coming in, that someone being Camila, she looked up and smiled.

"Hi Lauren." Camila greeted, Lauren quickly stood up and gave Camila a kiss on her cheek. "Hi Camz, you look beautiful." Camila blushed, Camila wore a blue dress that fitted her perfectly on the right places.

"Thank you." Camila said soft and they both sat down. Lauren took a sip of her glass of red wine and smiled. "God, I must sound crazy but I've missed you." Camila laughed at Lauren, "It's been, what? Two weeks?"

"I was counting days my love." Lauren answered. Camila ordered a glass of white Italian wine that Lauren suggested and dinner.

"How's the book going?" Lauren said after some silence. Camila laughed and ran her fingers through her hair. "God, terrible. I have no idea what to write." Lauren smiled softly, "What's the tittle?"

"The search for the perfect happiness."

"Sounds interesting." Lauren said and stopped talking when the waitress came back to bring their food.
"It's not.." Camila said. Lauren smiled at Camila who carefully inspected her food. "...yet." Lauren said and winked as she popped a french frie in her mouth and smiled to Camila.

"You don't like it?" Camila looked up to Lauren and quickly spoke, "oh no no! I'm actually very picky.. I only like pizza and pasta." Lauren laughed and sighed. "I want to get to know you." Lauren smiled and took Camila's hand, "Tell me about yourself Camz."

Camila looked down and fixed her gaze to their hands holding. She blushed, "I'm 25, I'm Cuban. Was born in Havana and raised in Miami and fell in love with Shawn in Paris and we travelled together to London and we kind of never left."

Lauren widen her beautiful green eyes where Camila could drown in. "Adventurous, I like it." Camila laughed at Lauren's answer and took a bite of her meat.

"Lauren, now it's your turn."

"My name is Lauren Michelle Jauregui, also raised in Miami. I'm twenty-six. I have a lovely daughter of four, Lana, and I hate my family."

Camila raised an eyebrow and swallowed her food. "Isn't hating a strong word?"

"It's not when I mean it."

"What happened?" Camila asked concerned she took hold of Lauren's hand.

"I have a dick, my parents thought I had a disease. I couldn't play with my brother and sister. And then when I was sixteen I told them I was gay hooray!" Camila smiled softly and pinched Lauren's hand telling her to go on.

Lauren sighed and closed her eyes, "At eighteen they told me to leave. They didn't want a freak in their house. I left, lived with my older girlfriend. Got her pregnant, when Lana was born, she left me with her in the middle of the night. She left without saying something. Not even a goodbye."

"Lo..."

"I hate her also by the way. But I adore my daughter she's everything to me."

"We all love our children." Lauren nodded and smiled, "Thanks for listening and not judging."

"That's what friends do." Camila said and wanted to add; note the sarcasm but she was pretty sure it Lauren could read it of her face that she was being sarcastic.