Home time

I barge into my front door swinging it open, Shayne closes the door behind him gently lifting up the handle to stop the door from opening
"So you want some food, I was gunna make pork belly...but it's kind of a Chinese dish" I ramble on pulling sauces and ingredients out of my cupboard
"Uh yeah, I would love that Olivia, thanks. I know this is late notice you don't have to cook me anything" Shayne says scratching the back of his head nervously
I look him up and down and smile "Shayne your one of my best friends making you some food is nothing, and besides I would of had loads left over anyway" he looks back at me with a great smile, not with his mouth but with his eyes.
I cook the pork belly as Shayne chops the vegetables on my counter island, we get into a lot of small talk about our lives, he talks about his mum and dad and how he is going up to visit them soon, and I talk about how I might get a roommate so I'm not always in the house on my own, the conversation was smooth and there were no awkward gaps between topics. The conversation flowed like water and it was refreshing.
We sat in my living room and watched community while we ate our food, Shayne was really enjoying the food and the show. Two things he has never experienced before. He was such a gentlemen and took my plate with his and washed them up. I saw the time and knew he was going to leave soon...but I didn't want him to. I wanted him to stay here with me and watch community and talk till the sun came up. And then my confidence kicked in.
"Hey Shayne, do you think you would want to stop here tonight, your roommates girlfriend is probably going to be sleeping over and I know you probably won't get much sleep" I say trying not to look desperate, I get so lonely in this house by myself and having company even for just one night would make me feel so much better, but I didn't want Shayne to know that I would look like such a dork.
He looks at me, looks at the door and I can see him thinking in his head "I don't know, all my stuff is there" he scratches his head and rubs his eyes. I don't want to pressure him so I just nod and smile in return and we both go back into the living room. We finish the last episode of the season and I see Shayne gathering his things. I sit up and watch him. He looks so cute when he is tired. His eyes are squinted and his hair is messy where he was falling asleep on the sofa next to me. I just sit with my head resting on my hands watching his every move, he looks like a little baby toddling around.
"Hey Olivia do you mind if I drive your car home and come and pick you up in the morning for work, cuz I don't want you taking me home just to drive back" he smiles rubbing his tired eyes.
"I wouldn't mind having a chauffeur in the morning, but as a gift I would like a nice Starbucks with the car" I wink handing him over the car keys. He winks back at me and heads over to the door.
"It was really nice hanging out with you, we should do it more often" Shayne smiles
I look at him in awe, how have I never noticed just how attractive he is and how perfect of a personality he has, we have known each other for a year.
"Well you have my number, call anytime Shayne" I smile as I stare at my feet, I felt really embarrassed for some reason saying that.
He quickly squeezed me good buy and I watch him drive away leaning on the door frame.