The Elevator

Olivia: 3 weeks later                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

I stand leaning against the back door watching the sun peak over the hill behind my house, a coffee gripped in my hand soaking in the warmth. The wind whispers through my hair, sending strands onto my face making it harder to see the view. I haven't been sleeping very well recently, I can't bring myself to sleep next to James, especially when I'm thinking about somebody else the whole time. its like I can't get his face out of my head, like its been printed in there forever. Everytime I close my eyes there he is imprimted into my eye lids, smiling at me telling me stupid jokes. "Morning beautiful" I spin round in shock, I'm met with James looking down at me smiling. I quickly smile back at him and stare out the door before he tried to kiss me. Everytime he tried to be intimate with me I freak out and make up an excuse imediatly, I can tell he is catching on but I just don't want to be intimate with him at this point of the relationship, how can I be intimate with James when I can only think about Shayne. "I'm sorry Shayne, I need to go and get ready for work, I don't want to be late" I say nudging past him heading towards the stairs "Shayne?" James retaliates confused. my eyes widen in embarrassment "I said James.. your hearing things" I giggle, quickly sprinting up the stairs before this becomes an argument. For some reason every since I woke up from fainting he has been really strange ever time I mention Shayne. I'm just too scared to confront Shayne and ask if he knows anything about it, I know the conversation will get really awkward, me and Shayne haven't really spoken every since it got out in the office that me and James are engaged. when I made it to my bedroom I thought back to the night me and Shayne were laid in here together, how we spent the night in each other arms, how I woke up in the middle of the night and just looked at how peaceful he is when he is sleeping. Those memories are the only things that keep me going at this time. The thought of Shayne kissing me when I woke up that morning and the intimate time we spent together before James showed up on my door step. "are you going to get dressed, I will drive you to work" James shouts up the stairs knocking me out of my day dream. I quickly grab a top and jeans out of my wardrobe not looking and throw them on, its not until I reach the bottom of the stairs and James gives me a dirty look that I realise I am wearing a males top, and not just any males top, Shayne's top he left here from the night he stayed over. it was a button up shirt with watermelons printed all over it, and James did not look happy "who's top is that?" a hint of annoyance in his voice. I looked down at the top one more time and then looked back at him "its Courtney's, you know she always wears Hawaiian shirts like this, she gave it to me because she bought it and it wasn't really her style, can I leave now without being interrogated in my own home. Also I can drive myself to work" I snapped back, not letting him have the satisfaction. I jumped into my car and saw him watching me out the window suspiciously, the way he has been acting recently is unbelievable, it might also be the fact I don't exactly want to be living with him in the first place, so now having him forced upon me isn't exactly the life is want to be living right now.

I show up at work and hop into the elevator, as I'm standing in there waiting for it to leave Shayne quickly jumps in, the atmosphere immediately becomes uncomfortable between us both, he looks over at me awkwardly and sees I am wearing his shirt, I see a little twinkle in his eye and a smile creep onto his face. "nice shirt" he mumbles, slightly making eye contact with me. I cant help a little smile spread across my face. "yeah it is a nice shirt isn't it" I smirk looking away from him. I feel a close presence behind me, that's when I feel an arm wrap around my waist and spin me round, I am face to face with Shayne. out faces are inches apart and I can feel his breath on my face, he smells like cinnamon toast crunch. I can see his eyes flicking from my eyes to my mouth and I cant say I'm not loving every second of it. "does James know you are wearing my shirt Olivia sui" Shayne says with a mischievous glint in his eyes. the mention of James' name sends a shiver down my spine, I gently push Shayne away and look down at my shoes "I don't want to be with James Shayne, and I think you know that" I sigh staring at his shadow in front of me. Shayne's finger finds its way under my chin and lifts my head up so I am looking back into his blue eyes "the only thing I am certain about Olivia, is that I want you and the thought of anybody else touching you makes me feel sick, and seeing you wearing my shirt today made me realise...I'm all yours" this brings a huge goofy smile onto my face, a huge toothy smile. I place one of my hands onto his face and stroke his cheek with my thumb, I slowly pull his face closer to mine which sets a fire in his eyes. He quickly presses his lips against mine and I hear a small moan of relief as I tug on his hair a little bit. I pull away slowly so I can look back into his eyes and search them for any emotion after that passionate kiss we just shared. When I look at him all I see is longing, its been so long since we did anything intimate with each other, and now we have I don't want to go anywhere without him. Just as I reach in to kiss him one more time the elevator doors open, causing us to both spring to other ends of the elevator...I guess we are doing the sneaking around thing again.