Chapter 1

Y/n's pov.
"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I practically yelled out at my parents.

They had just told me that they had sold me to Lauren Jauregui-- seeing how wealthy the Jauregui's were, you could actually imagine them buying some random stranger off of the internet, and as much as I would like to think of the advantages of my situation, the thought of being sold still floated in my head.

The only thing that I had clear was that the family was rich;
Mike Jauregui owned thousands of companies and he owned them with his wife Clara, Chris Jauregui was a model, making millions every year. Taylor Jauregui had her own clothing line, and Lauren Jauregui, she was a 21 year old woman. She had a music company, and she earned millions each year.

She was strict with her employees and was just very reserved with people. She had that aura that made you unconsciously nervous.

You could never assume what their real personalities were though, you could only hang onto stuff that come from different sites and rumours.

"Why?!" I asked trying to calm myself down.

"We're practically bankrupt, Y/n. Your father and I have been thinking of ways to get out but we need some weight off first," My mother started.
"So we decided to sign some stuff up and we put you guys for adoption." My mum started.

"Do you mean sell?" I spat out.
"And that's fucking crazy!" I continued.

"Look, Lauren is going to take care of you. We hate to do this to you but we really don't have any other choice." M father explained and gave us a sad smile.

"Why the Jauregui's though? You could've just made us stay with a relative." I suggested as my little sister sat beside me with a confused expression on her face.

"They were willing to pay lots for you, I mean she." He replied back.

I scoffed at his statement and crossed my arms.

"Ally Brooke, Lauren Jauregui's assistant sent us an email a couple of months ago. At first, we weren't sure, but we started thinking about it. We got in contact with her and we started talking and stuff." My mother continued.

"I'm turning 18 in a couple of days, I could just leave." I muttered out as I thought of it.

"You won't be able to though, you'd break the contract. Look, Y/n, I know you hate the situation you're in right now, but please just bare with us."
"How can I? You couldn't even tell me about all this crap?" I argued.

My parents sighed out as I wouldn't let up, but understood.

I glared at the both of them before closing my eyes and sighing as well.

"When do I leave?" I asked in a blunt tone.
"Tomorrow morning." My mother answered.

I rolled my eyes as I spoke
"Of course."

I turned beside me and smiled sadly at my sister.

"What about Hannah?" I asked as I turned back to my parents.
"She's going to get adopted by a different family--Alejandro and Sinuhe Cabello have her signed up." My mother explained.

I stood there frozen.
My best friend was going to live with another family.

"Do I get to see her?" I asked trying not to get emotional.
"If you ask the parents." My dad mumbled out as he stared at us.

"Please pack up, tomorrow morning, Ally will pick you up." My mother reminded.

I scoffed once again and took my sister to her room. I then walked to my room, slammed the door shut and flopped on my bed.

I scrolled through my phone and decided to tell everything to one of my closest friends, Shannon.

We talked for a couple of hours before my eyes had started to flutter shut.
But although I wanted to go to sleep already, I stood up and packed up.

I packed everything I had, from clothing, to books, to random stuff that I had owned.

And afterwards, I laid back on my bed, plugging my phone to its charger and sighing out.

"Have a good fucking sleep, Y/n, you deserve it." I mumbled to myself.

_a/n: edited.