Chapter 96

>Day Of Graduation

Y/n's pov.
Lauren and Luna decided to sleep at Lucas and I's house since it was already late and Lauren didn't want to leave my side.

Honestly, being in a relationship after 6 years feels weird.

But you know what they say, weird is good.

My eyes fluttered open as I heard music come from outside my room.

Lauren was nowhere to be seen.

I sat up and sighed.

I grabbed a hair band from my nightstand and I tied my hair up in a messy bun.

I was about to check on my phone but I didn't see it anywhere.

I stood up, stretched a bit and entered the bathroom to do my morning routine.

When I was done, I exited my room and walked through the hallways.

As I got closer to the kitchen, the music started to sound familiar.

And then I saw them.

My family.

My wife in front of the stove, cooking something and my kids waiting as they sat on the island.

I smiled at them.

"G'morning." I greeted as I entered the kitchen.

"Morning." My children greeted.

Lucas was holding his knife and fork and Luna was on her phone, a plate in front of her.

"Good morning." Lauren greeted.

I walked up to her and she turned her head to give my lips a peck.

"Whoa." I heard somebody mumble.

I turned my head and saw Lucas with wide eyes.

"You two are back together?" He asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Oh alright." He said and looked away.

"Lucas..." I started and walked up to him.

"What? I'm not mad, I'm just..." He trailed off.

I sat in front of him and sighed.

"I know you don't like Lauren. You've told me multiple times, but hun, I can't control who I love." I said holding his hand.

"It's fine mom. I'm just scared of what Lauren would do." He mumbled.

"I'm happy that you're worried about me, but I can promise you that she won't hurt me anymore." I said with a reassuring smile.

He smiled back and just nodded.

"Hot pancakes coming your way." Lauren said as she held a pan and a plate filled with pancakes.

"Finally." Luna said as her stomach made a sound.

I chuckled and saw Lauren place the pan and the plate down.

I grabbed a paper plate from the kitchen and sat down next to my family.

"Question, why do you have paper plates instead of real plates?" Lauren asked as she sat down next to me.

"Too lazy to clean plates." I said quickly and grabbed a pancake and dug in.

In the corner of my eye, I could see Lauren with my phone in her hand.

The music stopped and she set the phone down.

"Question, why do you have my phone?" I asked my wife.

"Oh, I wanted to play music and my phone was dead." She said and shrugged as she ate her pancake.

"How'd you know my password?" I asked.

"Easy, it's my birthday." She said with a smile.

I mentally face-palmed myself at my password.

"What time is the graduate thing?" Lucas asked his older sister.

"3pm is the ceremony." Luna answered.

>Graduation Ceremony

It felt like I had just saw my daughter take her first steps as I saw Luna walk to the stage with a wide smile on her face.

I was a crying mess in my dress as Lauren tried comforting me.

She was holding her tears back and it was kind of obvious with the constant wiping of her sleeves.

It was surprising, but I saw Lucas shed some tears aswell.

"Uhm, well, hi to everybody." My daughter started.

"That's my daughter!" Lauren yelled as she stood up.

My daughter's cheeks turned a bright shade of pink and laughter was heard through the school's huge gym.

"Haha, well, I just wanted to say thank you to my professors for helping me get up to this point of life. To my classmates for being assholes, but I still love y'all," She said and chuckled.
"To my family for helping me with everything. I can't express in words what I'm feeling right now. It's just crazy." She said.

-

Luna was now sat next to me as the president of the school talked through the mic.

"This year was amazing. Working with these students were our great pleasure and I'm very happy with the results of everything,"

"As for now, live life to the fullest." He said.

All of the graduated students stood up and threw their hats in the air.

I clapped and wiped my tears away.

This was definitely a story to tell my grandchildren.

{A/n; edited.}