Chapter One

This is such a pretty banner made by meghan_billis_ thank you so much for this! (:

If you would like to send your banners for Faye in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1640

~Faye

The note glistens in my fingertips, the paper decorated with swirling cursive text.

Darling daughter,

I'm positive the Goddess would like to hear you sing today.

~Mother

Singing to the Moon Goddess is something I have done ever since I was a young child. As ruler of our land, the Goddess makes full decisions on our futures, and to help her make positive ones for my Pack, I sing to her. She feeds off the harmonies, the melody.

It's not something I enjoy, though. Singing to a pillar on my knees for an hour can get tiresome after awhile.

I let the paper fall from my hand and flutter back onto the surface of my desk. This happens most mornings, but clearly today she wanted to stress it today. This must be some kind of way to be forgiven for what I did last night. Sneaking out, in her opinion, is not living up to my duties as an Alpha. She's right, but in my defense, that's the only time I really get alone.

The moment I leave my bedroom, two of my favourite female Guards begin to follow me. They are my favourite because they know when I need space, even when I don't say anything.

I just hope this Huntsman, Cal, is like that.

The building where I typically sing was made years ago for my great, great grandmother, when she was an Alpha. Hearing my mother sings always makes me feel uncomfortable when I do so. Her voice is toe curling beautiful, and I doubt I even come close to her talent.

Brushing through the sheer curtain the keeps the inside of the small building hidden from the outside, I leave the Guards at the door. They aren't allowed in here when I sing.

The room is beautiful, really. It's dressed in colours of purple and gold, the drapes across the windows glinting with the morning sun streaming through. The tapestries and art on the wall has been explained to me before, and as per tradition, I acknowledge each piece before I kneel on the flat mat mother once told me was weaved out of real gold thread.

Maybe that's why it's so uncomfortable.

The pillar in front of me is sculpted from pure marble. There's nothing there to see, but apparently it poses as a direct portal to where the Moon Goddess is. As much as I believe in her, I'm not exactly sure if I'm facing the right direction.

Three candles are placed on the ground in front of me, a small box of matches beside it. I strike one, lighting the scented candles so they glow brilliantly.

Then I begin to sing.

The scented smoke comes from candles that have been engineered in the Wisdom Pack to assist my voice. Everytime I sing to the Goddess, I must make sure I'm at my best, giving her the positivity she needs to continue on, giving her blessings to my Pack. It's a beautiful thing, for the first ten minutes.