Chapter Twenty Three

This banner is, of course, amazing, and it's made by a good friend of mine miaaofficial thank girl (:

If you would like to send your banners or fan art drawings for Faye in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Also, a reminder that Alpha Rylan is now available for purchase on Amazon in its published copy!!!

Word Count: 1922

~Faye

Ultimately my first reaction is surprise.

This is my first kiss. Ever. It isn't what I thought it would be, in the moment. Never would I have thought it would be with Cal either, a Huntsman who gets paid under the table to take people's lives. Yet here I am, in this situation unable to think of anything else but the Huntsman.

His lips are soft, compared to his entire demeanour. His hands are gentle on my hips, not making any rough advancements. It's so odd, and yet, I'm not pulling away.

Completely entranced by the feel and taste of him, it is only until he himself pulls away, shocking me out of that.

My fingers unintentionally come up to my mouth. "What was that?"

"A kiss," Cal replies, his eyes gleaming.

I'm completely stunned as he wanders past me. I remain where I stand, blinking a few times, my mouth opening and closing as I struggle to gather my thoughts into words. When I turned, Cal is picking up his bow and quiver, slinging it over his shoulder. He smiles slightly, clearly finding my confusion amusing.

"Why?" I question, as he gathers his belongings from around the clearing area. He doesn't have much at all to own. What does he do with the money he earns? I'm too scared to ask.

"To thank you," he says smoothly, kicking dirt over the fire he had been feeding before I got here. "And I wanted to."

A blush seeps into my cheeks, my mind scrambling for a response. I'm not good at this kind of thing, and with someone who I'm supposed to trust. A kiss doesn't change how much a trust him, but it does stir up an odd feeling in my stomach I can't avoid.

"We should probably get back," Cal murmurs, a sly smile on his face as he brushes past me.

I follow his movements with my gaze, his intention clearly to head back to my estate. Only for a moment do I hesitate before I decide to follow him, and hopefully later, question him about the kiss.

***

The Alpha meeting is never enjoyable.

Something about having to meet with all the Alpha's and Luna's to talk about all the problems in the Pack Quarter doesn't strike me as incredibly interesting. And to be there with Kael, who always refuses to speak to me, to even look at me, the entire time. He wouldn't try anything hostile there with the other Alpha's around.

I came completely alone. No guards are suggested, since they are unnecessary with the amount of raw power that ends up in the room.

As I wander in, early as usual, I wonder who is going to come today.

Sometimes only the Luna's come, or some Alpha's don't even show up. It's stressed that they come, and many do so they can have their opinion in on some big decisions.