Chapter Forty Seven

Such a stunning banner, thank you so so much icewing102 for making this for me (:

Word Count: 1746

~Faye

I can't lose T. There's no way.

All I can do is watch Asya place her hands on T's face. She is concentrating beyond belief, and none of us here want to disrupt her. The silence, though, is deafening. T doesn't move, and Asya doesn't say a word. Instead, she closes her eyes, allowing her power to consume her.

Almost as soon as she does that, she pulls away from him. We all watch her stand, straighten, and adjust herself.

"He's not dead," Asya tells us. I let a deep breath out, feeling as though I could almost collapse from relief. He's still with us. "Time didn't want that. But he did leave him unconscious."

My legs shake from underneath me, threatening to fall out from under me. I can feel Micah grab my arm, steadying me. I would shoot him a thankful look, but I'm too busy staring at T. waiting for him to sit up and tell me he feels fine, and that Time didn't hurt him. I want to hear it out of his mouth.

"Does that mean everything is going to be okay?" I ask her. I'm desperate for her to confirm that my worries are unnecessary here.

She gives me a tight-lipped smile. "He should be okay with rest."

She walks away rather briskly, Tai following behind her to retrieve some things for T. At least I assume that's what's happening. With the absence of those two, I knell down again in front of T. He doesn't look injured, simply asleep. I want to shake him awake, but I avoid touching him.

Asya returns not too long later with a small packet of salts and a glass of water. She simply waves the bag under T's nose and he shoots awake.

His eyes shoot open, and he swipes at Asya.

The salts go flying form her hand, spilling out onto the floor next to him. We all flinch at the abruptness of it. However, Asya recovers before all of us. She reaches out, handing the confused and newly awoken T a glass of water. He stares at her, confused as he takes it.

"You're awake," I say. I'm beyond relieved. And he looks relieved too, when he meets my gaze, seeming to relax. Those golden eyes are gone. I've got my mate back.

"Where am I?" he asks, looking around.

"My house," Sariah says cheerily. "Oh, I'm Sariah. We are all Faye's siblings."

"The virtues," I remind him.

Everything seems to click in his mind, and I can see him visibly relax. I'm surprised he is so quick to trust, but he is more accustomed with immortals than I am. Everyone around him watches, before Sariah prompts them to introduce themselves, and they do so. I watch T seems to gain more energy as he does so.

"Are you feeling okay? Need anything?" I ask anxiously. I'm nervous Time has done something to him that all of us can't see.

"I'm okay my love," T reassures me.

I sit next to him, holding his hand tightly. I have my mate back. Finally. Everything I feared has vanished. My mind is still consumed by grief for my friend's deaths, but T is the slight ray of sunshine glaring through it all.

And all that needs to happen, is I need to bring him home.

***

My eyes refuse to wander away from the sight of T next to me.

I know the incident where I nearly lost him was a few days ago, but I'm still constantly watching over him, in case something would come out of nowhere to haunt him. Who knows what Time has up his sleeve. For now, T is still bedridden, and I've happily joined him, almost never leaving his side when I didn't have to.