Chapter Seven

This is such a beautiful banner, I love it! I wish you had left your username, but thank you anyway for this Lynn!

If you would like to send your banners for Faye in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 2003

~Faye

I don't have a secret. Not one that I know of, anyway.

He's just saying this to get into my head, I know it. Apparently Cal has not been brought to light about his manipulations, and won't put the trial ahead, like I have requested. Apparently there isn't a judge available until the time that has been put in place.

I don't know if I will survive till then.

The worst part is the idea of him sitting down in that cell, knowing who knows what, potentially planning my demise. I want to know everything about him. His past, his present, even his future. I'm not going down there again, though. He has an all knowing look about him, and at this point, isn't about to answer any of my questions.

A chill flutters down my back. Right now, I sit at the foot of my bed, thinking. It's typically easy for me to get lost in thought, especially recently. Now, as I sit here, I feel watched, and not just because Cal is standing outside my door.

Swiftly, I stand, deciding to open the door and confront him. Everything has been odd between us since I told him I let T out of his cell. I can't explain to him why I did it. It was just a...feeling.

He doesn't startle, even with the ferocity of which I throw the door open.

"Is everything okay, Alpha?" he questions. Since the issue with T, Cal has been ridged with me, like his job is suddenly a more serious matter. Even though it's late at night, he still stands tall, hands clasped behind his back with two glistening knives slotted into his belt. He's ready for anything, including an assassin..

For a moment I forgot what I wanted to say, as I shake my head, leaning my body against the doorframe. "I just wanted to tell you I'm going to sleep."

"I'll be out here," he replies, before he turns back around. "I've decided to be less intrusive and stay out here, while you sleep."

"So you're to stay up all night?"

He shrugs. "There may be another Guard who will swap out with me, or at least wake me if you decide to go walking down to the assassins cell. I know you're Alpha, but this is for your own safety."

I'm used to be told what is good for me by my mother, so the action of slamming the door on his face was beyond satisfying. He wasn't about to protest either, knowing it would mean nothing to me. My plan is to sleep this off, wake up in the morning, and fight to get T's trail put forward.

My plan didn't go as I hoped it would.

The darkness is split by moonlight when I wake. There's no way of telling the time, as I lie in bed, staring at the roof. I've never felt so awake. My body must be getting used to waking up at night, because right now, I could go for a run. The moment the idea comes into my mind, I can't get it out. Groaning, I pull myself out of bed.

Cal must be outside my door still. He happened to have forgotten my window, I suppose. At the idea of Cal, the experienced Huntsman, completely forgetting my go-to escape route makes me smile.