Chapter Fifteen

This banner is beautiful UrNewBestie I appreciate it a lot! Thank you (:

If you would like to send your banners or fan art drawings for Faye in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1993

~Faye

"Here we are again," I muse, sitting back in the chair as I sip my tea.

Cal's soft brown eyes meet mine in the mirror. "At least this time, it's for me."

The Ceremony is tonight, where the Moon Goddess will appear in her physical form to grant my annual wish. I'm never nervous for these, as I wish for the same thing every year. This year, however, since this morning, my hands haven't stopped shaking, and my mind hasn't wandered off T.

What is his plan for tonight? He better be considering being chained up to the wall, because that's his reality.

"I still don't understand why you want me in a suit when I could be in my usual leathers, protecting you," Cal comments, adjusting the lapels of the jacket uncomfortably. I can't stop staring at him like this, all dressed up and formal. And more importantly, away from his usual business like self.

"You'll still be protecting me," I say with a frown. "And you can keep your weapons in the inside of your jacket. This is a formal event and I want you to fit in."

My dress has been made for me months ago by a local seamstress. Only just saw it this morning. It's blood red, which is a common colour for this kind of ceremony. It makes me anxious, though. It makes me seem like some kind of sacrifice, not an Alpha wishing for the well-being of her Pack.

"I understand," Cal breathes, brushing the tailor off.

Before I go off to get dressed myself, I make a visit to see T. I have to make sure the Guards are succeeding with my orders.

As I breeze to a stop in front of his cell door, I glance in, smiling at what I see. The assassin who has been using his knowledge about everything against me is in the most vulnerable position. I'm tempted to waltz in there and punch him in the stomach just so he could feel the frustration I'm feeling.

Thick silver chains linked down to the metal cuffs at his wrists keep him securely pinned to the wall. I've never seen something so satisfying in my life.

"Scared, Alpha?" he asks, a smirk tugging at his lips. He's messing with you.

I shrug carelessly; a gesture he likes. "Not exactly. Unlike you, I'm getting what I want tonight. There will be no book for you."

"I'm sure you are," he murmurs, that wicked smile going nowhere. "Have fun, Alpha."

I'm not about to let him get in my head like he does, Instead, I'm going to turn around and leave, get ready, and go to my ceremony without him. If he wanted to propose another deal, he missed out on his chance.

***

"Your mother won't be joining us at the Ceremony," Cal murmurs in my ear.

We are moments away from walking outside my home to greet everyone outside. My dress is tight, my hair is pulled back and I have enough makeup on my face to cover an entire village. It's like this every year. This time, though, mother won't be there. She has never skipped a year, ever.

Cal runs his hand over my back, carefully of the beading on my dress. I try concentrate on that, but the idea of not having my mother watching on weighs heavily on my shoulders.