Chapter Nine

This beautiful banner was made by the biggest hoe in existence Luminous_ink (Don't worry I'm not calling a stranger a hoe, I know her)

If you would like to send your banners for Faye in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1675

~ Faye

"You haven't seen him once?"

I hardly believe that Cal, my personal guard and an infamous Huntsman has not yet faced the Silent that has caused all this drama. A part of me thinks he is too proud. He has no reason to be, since he was the one who caught him. At least in his perspective he did.

"What's the point," he mutters. "He's a Silent."

Either way, we walk steadily past empty cells to where he has been kept this entire week. I've insisted Cal needs to see him, to look deep into those eyes and see if there's a soul there. Then he will begin to see why T has been haunting my thoughts during the night, and day.

I decide I need to reiterate my previous words. "He's spoken to me before. He's not a Silent."

By the look in Cal's eyes, he clearly doesn't believe me.

T is sitting in the same place as usual. His back pressed against the wall, knees up slightly for his arms to rest on. His head is always down, his wavy dark hair covering his eyes from view. He doesn't bother looking up as we walk closer.

Cal bangs on the cell bars, the sound ringing loudly through the place. I cringe, while T doesn't even move. I decide he's not about to answer to Cal right now.

"We've come to talk," I say softly.

Finally, he raises his head, fingers tapping impatiently against his legs. He has a shocking gaze that must have stunned Cal too, as he goes completely silent beside me. If I'm honest, agree. I've never seen something so dark, so brooding it sends unexplainable chills dancing down my back.

"Maybe you should give me and this guy a second to talk," Cal says, raising an eyebrow at me in an almost dismissive manner. "He might be a little shy around you."

"Don't touch him," I say carefully. "Don't even step inside his cell."

I'm willing to give Cal time with the assassin. Perhaps he will be able to get some answers about his background out of him. Or his motive; both will suffice. When Cal weakly nods in agreement to my demands, I turn and walk away, hoping neither of them kill each other.

I have an idea of ​​how to monitor them anyway.

Our control room was built by a Wisdom Pack member last year. It was a step up to monitor certain parts of the place with the latest technology. I've never gone up here until now. I've truly never had the use. Now though, I don't think I could sit by and not see what Cal and T are talking about, if the Huntsman can get him to utter a word in the first place.

"This is the main screen," the Guard who monitors the technology informs me, sitting me right in front of a large screen. "Click this button to swap cameras."

I thank him, waiting for him to leave before I turn my full attention to what's going on in T's cell.

While I was gone, Cal had entered T's cell, and was sitting in front of him. It reminds me of the first time I spoke to the Silent. Turning the volume up, I strain to listen for any sense of a conversation. I want to hear Cal try as much as I did.

"You don't have to keep this act up with me," Cal says flatly. He seems irritated at T, who is exhaling slowly.

"Always the reasonable one, right Callan?"