Chapter Forty Three

This is such a stunning banner, I'm so sad you didn't leave your username! Regardless, thank you so much!

Word Count: 1913

~Faye

I sit alone in the dining room, staring at the surface of my tea, which reflects back at me.

Right now, I look like a mess. I'm distraught, not knowing where Time is taking my mate, and what his body may be returned to me as. I've been sipping at tea that is too hot, trying to think of a way halt whatever he has planned. It's foolish of me to attempt, considering Time is an immortal more powerful than any.

It's early in the morning, and I haven't slept at all. I can't. Not when all this is going down. I won't sleep until T is returned to me safely.

I take another sip of the tea, ignoring the burn on my tongue. As I set it down, I hear the door to the room creak open. I glance over my shoulder, expecting a guard. Instead, I see a very impassive looking blue-haired immortal.

"Fate?"

He saunters over, sliding a chair out on the other side of the table to me. Immediately I notice there is no cocky smile on his face, and no taunting quirk of his eyebrow. He isn't here to make a deal with me. That much I am certain of. But it doesn't soothe me. My blood chills at the possibilities.

"That's what they call me," he murmurs, sweeping his hair back with his fingers. I watch the movement. He's agitated.

"What are you doing here? I've already found out who killed my parents. You have no reason to be here," I tell him shakily. His deal has been accepted. So what more could this possibly be about?

He sighs deeply, seeming more troubled than I've seen before. "I needed to warn you."

"About what?" I question. Now I have an overwhelming feeling that this is about T. T is Fate's brother, and after Time taking over his body and completely controlling him, this must be what this is about. However, I don't see where I come in. "Fate, what are you talking about?"

"Time is leaving T's boyd tonight forever," he tells me. "However, not in such a pleasant way."

"What do you mean?"

Fate looks grim. "The way he is going to do it includes exacting revenge. And he's doing it tonight."

I was already aware Time's intention were malicious, but I had no idea it was happening tonight. Of course, I had a feeling. However, I could do nothing to stop him. And now someone is going to get hurt. And T might do too.

"Can't you deal with it? You have more power than me," I insist. Fate can manipulate anyone. That is why he is so successful.

"I would much rather not involve myself in other immortals business. I just thought since it's your mate, and all," he says pointedly. I narrow my eyes on him, knowing he is using me to address the problem. I would have immediately ordered him out of my home had it not been T we were discussing.

"He's your brother."

He raises an eyebrow. "Not by blood."

"You're impossible," I mutter. I have no other choice, though, as much as I would rather spite Fate. I need to ensure T is okay, and if Fate is even worried about that, something must be seriously wrong. "Where is he?"

"Devotion Pack. He's making a special visit to a certain Time Traveller," Fate alerts me. I stand, leaving my tea forgotten on the table.

By his words alone, I know instantly who he is talking about.