Chapter Thirty Nine

This banner is so beautiful and stunning, thank you so so much smartypantsthatsme for making this! (:

Word Count: 1813

~Cal

I grip a piece of obsidian rock between my fingers, chipping away at it.

It's the only rock I use for my arrowheads. It ensures the job is done, having the lowest chance of being damaged once it hits its target. Once again, these arrows I'm creating will be used for real target. Not just a tree, or a small animal.

This is for Alpha Faye.

I stand, admiring the finished arrowhead. I place it on a small cloth with the rest of them, brushing my hands off as I do so. There are enough there for all her guards, if it comes to that. It shouldn't do. I know her home like the back of my hand. I'll sneak in, and out, with no trace. And end it all. Just like I did to her mother.

There is one thing in the way, though. T, her mate. I knew that was the case, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't keep him away from her. And even my attempt to get her to fall for me didn't work as I planned.

If he is there tonight, there is no way I can get to her. His power is significant over mine. I have to be strategic, in order to be successful.

And I will be successful.

***

"Temperance, huh?"

My actions cease, fingers going still on the bread that was going to complete my sandwich. I turn away, toward T, who leans his back against the other bench, a sly smile on his face. My eyes narrow on him, unsure of what his intentions are.

"Would you stop?" I say lightly, flopping the top piece of bread onto the sandwich. "Now, all of a sudden, you feel like you can joke about it with me?"

I know what he is doing. He's making me immune to the idea, making it seem like it's not a big deal. His attempt at helping me cope is one I'm grateful for. But I'm also ashamed. I should be able to deal with this problem myself. Although now that I have no other figure but T to rely on in life, it's much harder.

"You know this is a good thing, right?" he tells me.

I turn back around again, leaving my sandwich abandoned on the bench. "Tell me how you came to that conclusion?"

"Because you're an immortal. That means we will be together forever," T says, a delighted skip in his step as he approaches me. I roll my eyes at him, as much as the idea of that does resonate with me. "As much as I mean that, it's not the only reason. You will be great for this. People admire you as it is. Me included."

I can't help but smile, as his arms coming around me. My back is pressed against the bench, as I stare up at my beautiful mate, attempting not to look too deeply in his eyes, where other immortals lie within his mind.

I reach up, brushing the back of my hand across his cheek. "Thank you for being here. And you know, supporting me."

"I'm not leaving your side Faye. Never," he breathes.

I'm not sure which one of us made the first move, but our arms are suddenly around each other, and out lips met in the middle. Kissing T has become one of my favourite things. I'm surprised I let him do anything else now that I have experienced it. It almost feels like a guilty pleasure whenever I partake in it.

The pressure of the bench on my back increases as the tone of the kiss changes. All of a sudden, the sweet nature of it has turned. He seems to be using every skill on me with the movement of his lips and tongue, and even the pace.