Chapter Forty Five

This banner is so stunning, thank you so much arwasadique for making this for me and sending it in (:

Word Count: 1696

~Faye

The emotions that consumed me ranged from various parts of me. Each building up into energy in the palms of my hands. I'm so furious I want to explode. Yet at the same time I'm so overwhelmed by what happened, I want to throw up in at my feet. All these feelings slam off the walls of my mind.

"Get off me," I scream. It's a shrill sound that echo's off the cliff. I slam my hands against his chest, pushing him off me with all the energy within me. "Get the hell away."

He stumbles away, the heel of his feet coming close to the edge of the cliff. One more hit and he would fall. Would he die? I highly doubt it. He would surely use his newly regenerated powers to reverse time and send me tumbling down instead. And by the unamused look on his face, he had that idea in his head too.

"Woah there. I nearly fell," he says, quirking his eyebrow.

"Good. You deserve to suffer. And you will suffer," I snap at him. I hate him. I want the worst for him. He deserves to burn and feel pain for his entire life for what he is done. He did not need to leave two children without both their parents. Thea was innocent. She didn't deserve to be a part of it.

"Is that right?" he murmurs, that sickening smile I could simply slap on his face more prevalent that ever following his victory. "And how do you suggest that will happen? I have everything in my life that I could ever possibly want."

"No one will ever love you. All you immortals come from the same damn place, but I'm sure all of them could find love...But you," I growl

"I-"

"You're disgusting. You're broken and ruined and all you want is for the best people to hurt. No one will ever care for you," I continue.

His amused expression is slowly faltering with each word. I don't feel a moment of regret, happy I'm tearing him down. Words are the only thing I have on my side, and I mean each and every one I say. And I don't feel any guilt at all. He deserves worse than the words I can serve at him.

"I made a deal with your mate that he would keep his mouth shut if I spared you," he mutters. His expression has darkened, becoming something I would fear if I wasn't so consumed by my own rage. "But you said it so yourself, I'm a terrible person."

I'm too fired up to police what comes out of my mouth. "Do it, hurt me."

He takes a few threatening steps toward me, which I match backward, ensuring I'm nowhere near the cliff edge. It would be so simple for him push me of and allow me to have the same Fate as Jasper.

"You shouldn't play with an immortal like that," he warns, his tone sinister. "Don't you know, we don't have souls."

From behind me, I hear the sudden sound of someone clearing their throat.

"Doing that would be a foolish decision, Sinful," they say. I freeze, the voice unfamiliar, the accent otherworldly. Time seems momentarily surprised that he is seeing whoever stands behind me. "I'm sure the Moon wouldn't appreciate you killing one of its own."

I whirl around. An immortal stands there, hands tucked neatly behind their back. I know it's immortal simply based upon looks alone. No mortal looks like that. Which immortal exactly, I'm unsure. All I know is I'm staring back at eyes so glacial blue, they almost melt into the white of his irises.

"Do you often like sticking your nose in business that isn't yours?" Time says from over my shoulder.

"This is my business," the stranger tells him. "She's my sister."