Chapter Thirty Six

Such a beautiful banner sent in by Oh_chuks it's awesome, thank you!!

If you would like to send your banners or fan art drawings for Faye in, my writing email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Also, a reminder that Alpha Rylan is now available for purchase on Amazon in its published copy!!!

Word Count: 1816

~Faye

Alden's instructions lead me to a suburban home on the outskirts of the town.

I stare down at the crinkled note in my hand, the address to this home printed in Alden's neat handwriting. This is definitely it. It seems strange though, surrounded by neighbouring homes, this doesn't seem like the torture house I pictured in my mind.

Pushing through the ajar gate with my hip, I wander warily up to the door. I would assume this was a trap, if I didn't know Alden so well. He wouldn't be stupid enough to risk the life of the Alpha of Independence.

Alden answered the door the moment my fist touched the door.

He looks his typical well presented self. Always so immaculate, with his pressed, tailored suit, practiced posture with his hands tucked behind his back. My assumption is that he keeps like this so no one looks into his strange life. The exact life I'm about to get a first hand look into.

"I'm glad you came," Alden tells me warmly, extending his arm into the home. "I worried you would leave without an explanation on my part. I do respect our friendship."

My mouth remains closed as I step into the house. Will our friendship remain after this? T's fright, whether it was a dream or not, still rings into my mind. As does the kiss, that has me wanting to touch my lips every few moments, to remember every second of the briefness.

"Where is he?" I question.

"Wouldn't you like a cup of tea, Faye? I feel like there are a few things we need to discuss before I take you down there," Alden tells me, motioning to a couch for me to sit on.

Down there.

I take a seat, knowing I have no other choice but to oblige with his wishes. While he disappears into the kitchen, I take the opportunity to look around. This place is clearly a shell used as Alden's base of operations. No unnecessary furnishings or photographs. Just enough for neighbours if they happen to get curious and peer in. This place is inconspicuous. It's genius.

I'm curious where T is being kept. From what I can see from my position on this couch, there is no space for a man to be held captive. Perhaps he isn't here. Maybe he is being kept off the property.

Alden walks back into the room moments later, holding two cups. "Apologies about the blandness of this home. It's not my real home."

"Where do you live?" I ask, taking the tea by the saucer as he hands it to me, guiding it to my lap.

"Elsewhere," he says dismissively. I'm not sure why bother asking.

Alden takes a seat on the other couch, sipping his tea as he does so. I stare down at mine, unsure of why I'm nervous. He didn't spike it, I'm simply in my own head. So I take a sip, and it taste exactly like the tea I have on a daily basis. I really need to stop this shaking of my hands before he notices.