Chapter Thirty Four

This banner is stunning! Thank you so much Leeful for making this for me! Means a lot (:

If you would like to send your banners or fan art drawings for Faye in, my writing email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Also, a reminder that Alpha Rylan is now available for purchase on Amazon in its published copy!!!

Word count: 1774

~Faye

"I need to get him back."

At this point, I'm pacing. Alden left in a mess of security and attempted words to soothe me. But I'm livid. I'm livid beyond belief, and I need to get T back. Not only because he is my mate, but because I have no idea of Alden's intentions with him. For all I know, in this hour that has passed, Alden has killed T and gone on his way.

The problem is, I don't know what I'm dealing with. Alden has something against T that has not yet been shared with me. For all I know, it could be completely understandable. Or, it may not be.

"Alpha, please calm down," one of my guards soothes from the other side of my desk. I ignore her, continuing to pace.

"And you need to find Cal, and bring him back here, and hurt him."

I believe T. Why? Because I barely trust Cal. I've decided he will lie his way out of this if I bring him in for questioning. Yet I can't do anything to him without evidence. And to get evidence, I need T back...

"In all due respect, you're speaking unreasonably right now, Alpha," the guard tells me.

"I'm telling you your orders," I snap. "Now do them."

The moment those words are out of my mouth, I feel bad. But it's necessary; I'm Alpha and I need to make sure that things happen today. Alden is dangerous, I know that, and too intelligent to let T go without being spoken to. Perhaps if I tell him T is my mate, he with sympathise with me, and allow me to take him home.

The guard half turns toward the door. "Yes, Alpha."

"And get the car ready," I call out after them, collapsing into my desk chair. Despite all the stress from what has happened today, I need to find T. It may be past midnight at this point, and all my guests have gone home, I can't sleep.

"Why, Alpha?" the guard asks, fingers teetering on the doorknob.

"We are going to the Wisdom Pack."

***

There's a slight problem with my plan, that I encountered the moment we drove into the Wisdom Pack.

I had barely enough time to admire this Pack in the dark. Massive skyscrapers and immaculate buildings seem to reach the stars, while creating their own; lights from large windows glimmer in the sky. Street lamps alight the smooth pavements, people dressed up in cozy coats and fuzzy hats.

Here everything feels so...perfect. But not my kind of perfect. Already, as we cruise down the busy streets - even in the early morning - I miss the open forests and green grass atop the mountains of the Independence Pack.