Chapter Four

This is such a beautiful banner, thank you so much to minahilmemon123 for making this and sending it in! Means a lot! (:

If you would like to send your banners for Faye in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1920

~Faye

"Are you okay?" Cal questioned again. And again.

I'm staring straight ahead, right at the wall. It's the next day. Last night, after the incident, I didn't sleep. Not because I was stressed about being attacked, but because I had Guards posted in my room. In my room.

Cal has been beating himself up over this all morning. Dawn may have just broken, but we've been up for hours. I may not know the Huntsman, my new Personal Guard, very well, but I have noticed his selflessness. He hates himself for not being there the moment the Silent went into my room.

"I told you, I'm fine," I snap. "He didn't hurt me."

I can't take my mind off the Silent, and not for the reasons everyone assumes. He spoke to me. It may have been a single word, but he spoke, and he woke Cal to find him threatening me. He wants to be here. That's the frightening part.

Cal crouches in front of me. I've taken a place up against the wall, sitting on the hard floor with my knees drawn to my chest. I'm still unable to move anything aside from my head, which tilts up at Cal. His gentle brown eyes are withdrawn, in another world. I want to ask him how he is, but I can't get the words out.

"He's being held in the cell below this floor, and won't be let out until his trial which is being scheduled," Cal exclaims, attempting to sound reassuring.

I glance down at the floor. He's right below us, doing who knows what.

"He didn't hurt me," I repeat. I can still feel him, even though he never touched me. The whisper of his gloves on my neck, my shoulder and my arm. His voice in my ear. I never imagined someone to affect me so much in that regard, with their knife pressed against my neck.

"It's not about what he didn't do, Alpha, it's about what he intended to do," Cal warns. "Trust me, I've come across many Silent's in my life."

I wanted to explain everything to him. The fact that he talked to me. The fact that he listened to me explain the law. The fact that he didn't kill me, that instead, he opted to wake Cal who he knew was there, to come to my rescue.

He wouldn't understand....Because I don't.

"I want to see him," I say softly.

The look on Cal's face is immediate disagreement. He shakes his head to dismiss my wild claim, knowing it's not an option. That's the reaction I expected from him. He's been given the order to guard my life with his own, and now that I'm wanting to put myself in a cell with my potential killer himself, there's suddenly more on the line. His job. My life.

"Apologies, Alpha, but I can't allow you to do that," he exclaims uneasily, his hand coming up to rub the back of his neck.

"Fine," I mutter, using the wall as leverage to get to my feet. "I don't want to hear about any of this for the rest of the day. And I don't want to talk to my mother either."