Chapter Twenty Six

This banner is incredibly beautiful, I love it so much. Thank you invisiblevx for making this for me (:

If you would like to send your banners or fan art drawings for Faye in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Also, a reminder that Alpha Rylan is now available for purchase on Amazon in its published copy!!!

Word Count: 2880

~Faye

T sits up in the bed, sipping his water.

I watch in a chair a few metres from him, not wanting to get too close. He watches me back, right over the rim, curls all tousled, cheeks devoid of any healthy glow. His hands even shake slightly, the water in the cup trembling. I have no doubt he's not faking his reaction to the poison. In my mind, I now have no doubt he's an immortal.

I have Yazzmine detained, and while T rested, being purged by numerous of my best healers, I questioned her. She was suspicious, saying she knew from our first Gaze Reading that he was an immortal, and she wanted to prove it to me in a way she would be assured I would understand. I allowed her to leave, however, I doubt I'll be using her again.

T clearing his throat snaps me back into the reality. He sets his glass down on the bedside table, before he leans back into the bed. 

"You're looking at me strangely," he murmurs.

My eyes narrow slightly on him. "What do you expect?"

"If you have any questions, you can ask," he tells me, sitting up slightly. I watch him as he does so, noticing his quivering muscle.

Whatever this poison was - which I never questioned during the thick of everything - I need to get some for myself. Seeing the way it has rendered T completely useless, although causes a lump in my throat, may be useful. Usually T is so competent, which he has unfortunately retained with his mouth, but not with his physical stature.

"I'm aware," I comment, tapping my fingers over the leg I have crossed over the other. The only reason I haven't jumped at the opportunity to drill him about his immortality is because I'm thinking of the first few things I wish to talk about.

"So?"

Finally, I decide where to start. "Why did you lie?"

"I never lied," he tells me carefully. Hearing those first words instantly proved my theory, that he is about to cryptically answer all my questions, and leave me at the end with as many as I had to begin with. "I just never told you."

"Why not?" I question. Really, when I think about it, it's a foolish question to ask, but I can't help myself. For some unfathomable reason, him lying to me makes me deeply uncomfortable, even when he doesn't own me a single thing.

I'm the one who is keeping him captive right now, even without any real evidence to keep him here.

"Because you never asked,' he replies, shaking his hair slightly. It's interesting watching him do so. It's such a simple action, yet the implications on his hair is extraordinary, as if it corrects each perfect wave and curl, situated it across his forehead nicely. I blink a few times to get the image of it out of my head, refusing to concentrate too much on it.