chapter 22 - embarrassment

maggies pov.

"Hey sweetie I have to tell you something," Alyssa drops what she was doing and looks at me, waiting for a response. Her face turned from all happy and relaxed to all serious. Wonder what does she need to tell me?

"Alright."

'Is she going to tell me that i'm not allowed to kiss chris anymore? Do I have to move out soon?! What is it ?'

"Maggie in 2 weeks we're going to have guests over, people that you don't know at all, other women and men, small children and other teen guys, Maggie I need you to either stick with me, my husband, your soon to be husband, or Dome ok Maggie," Alyssa tells me. After all that she told me it was for my safety because some of those men are powerful just like chris, she just wants me to be safe.

I don't like the idea of people that I don't know coming, alyssa told me it was like a small get together which I would very much prefer to stay in the room with fruits and a book .

"Hey Alyssa I have a question?" I ask, I really do hope I don't sound stupid or embarrass myself, I just want to know.

"What is it sweetie?" Alyssa picks up a plate and started to clean it while listening to me.

"Uh do you think that uh Chris likes me?" I whispered to her, god I was too embarrassed to even say it louder. I really like Chris, heck maybe love him, I love the way how he kisses me, I love his warmth, mostly everything.

"Maggie please speak up-"

"She said if I liked her mother."

I froze, oh god is that Chris? He actually heard what I just said?! Oh god!

I started to feel my cheeks getting warm, I quickly cover my face up with my hands. God i'm such a dum dum!

I heard footsteps coming towards me and I already know who it is but I refuse to look up, i'm too embarrassed right now, god send me back to the king and queen, no better yet send me to the dessert so I can go bye bye and never be seen ever again .

"Baby look at me."

I shake my head no while I still had my hands over my face, no way in earth he is going to see me.

I felt a pair of hands on my wrist being slowly removed off my face, luckily I closed my eyes so I don't get to see him, if I don't look at him maybe he will go away and let me hit my head on the wall multiple times.

I then felt his thumb on my chin, lifting my head up, I still refuse to open my eyes because I already know he is right in front of my face.

"Baby please look at me."

*Hums no*

"Baby girl we're going to be late to our date, do you want to be late?"

I slowly open my eyes to be met with chris's beautiful eyes, god he is so hot- wait maggie stop it right now, don't think like that!

"No." I said in the most childish tone ever, I honestly don't want to be late because I don't want to be rude to Chris at all, I want to spend some time with him, maybe get know him a little bit more.

"May I?" Chris extends his hand out, waiting for me to grab his hand.

I nod my head , I softly placy my hand on chris's hand and slowly getting up from the chair. Once i'm up I walk a bit more closer to Chris and give him a small smile which thankfully he returns. God I love his smile, when he smiles he looks more alive, he brightens up the room when he smiles, he should smile more often .

Chris then lets go of my hand and walks beside me, his arm sneaks around my waist making me blush a bit from the little action. We both said our goodbyes to alyssa and chris's dad which for some reason I haven't seen him nore gotten his name yet, sad I know right.

Once we were outside Chris led me to the passenger side, he let's go of my waist to open the door, he extended his hand towards me. I softly place it on his hand and helps me get it, once i'm in Chris comes next to me and helps me put my seat belt on which I give him a 'thank you.'

For a second I thought he was about to go but he didn't, he stayed there for a few seconds and told me,

"You look absolutely beautiful Maggie." I blush from the complement, I push back a strand of hair that fell over my eyes.

"You look handsome as well Chris." Omg!! I sounded so stupid!! Ughhh I can't take it back anymore!

Chris gives me a small smile, he then leans in and for a second I thought he was going to kiss me, iI was wrong but instead he kissed my cheek. I pout because i really wanted that kiss, Chris saw my pout and already knew why I had it so he gives me a smirk.

Chris then shut my door and walked over to the drivers side.

Once Chris is in the car with me he puts on his seat belt, puts this cord on his phone that's connected to this little machine that's in the car (radio) and after a few seconds of him being on his phone music started to play. Wow that's cool!!!

He then sets his phone down and turns on the car, then we head of to narnia!!!....... Not really but still I actually wonder where are we going?

I look out to the side were the widow was and just look out, watching the trees that we were passing by and while I was watching the trees I was just thinking,

'Where are we going?'

'I hope Lexy can forgive me.'

_______