Red With A Funny Taste

Scarlett's Pov (Point of view)

I wiggled the machete and then pulled hard to get it out of the man's skull. "David Marron, you're officially off my list," I told the dead body. 

"You were truly a shitty man." I looked at him in pure disgust. I lifted my machete up close to my face studying it. Human blood... it's been years since I've been heavingly drinking it. I let my tongue trace the blade, licking off the remaining blood from David. 

"For being such a jerk you taste good." I examined him. 

I don't miss being human, they're so weak.

I mean look at this man, just laying there. His body twisted into something unrecognizable with his head split wide open. Hmm... I believe I removed all possible ways of identifying him. He didn't have any tattoos, did he?

Probably not, even if he did they can't link it to me. I'm technically not alive, Untraceable. 

I'm not in any system in today's world. I'm like a ghost, reminiscences of what once was. I do have a phone but no computer. However, it's a burner so it can't be traced back to me. If people want to reach me they'll have to work for it.

I don't work for people who can't give me something I want in return. 

I don't ask for money. 

I don't have the same needs for it as humans. I can just compel people to do exactly what I want them to do, or give me what I need.

What I ask of my clients is the simplest thing in the world. A favor. 

People dismiss favors as if they were nothing but I can ask for anything. If I want, I can tell them to commit suicide.

I have a witch... associate who gave me these special contracts. If you sign it you are bound to do me a favor when I choose to cash it in. The second the favor is done, the contract ceases to exist.

 Clever right? I smiled evilly to myself

"So, David." I crouched down beside him. "Where should we put you? My client wanted it to be public, for everyone to see..." An evil idea popped into my head. Oh, Seattle you are in for a ride. I grabbed David's body and threw it over my shoulder.

---------

I looked up at my masterpiece with a proud smile on my face. I crucified him and put him outside a church. "Look, David! You're Jesus now." I laughed. It was still dark out, so no one could see me. My black leather clothes helped a lot too. I can't wait for the people of Seattle to see this, too bad I can't be here to witness their reaction.

I walked over to David's dangling body. "Shit happens to everyone buddy. You just messed with the wrong people." I smirked at him. 

"You're missing something." I examined my art. His face was impossible to recognize. I even cut his ears, fingers, and toes off, just in case. I wanted it to be a long and horrify experience having to identify him.

"Now I know what's missing." A sadistic smile appeared on my face as I grabbed my machete from the holster on my back and quickly slashed open his stomach. His guts started spilling out and blood splashed on my face. The poor children who have to see this.

Did I mention that I hate kids? They're all annoying little shitstains. 

I gave David an emotionless stare. "My work here is done, See you never David." I waved at the body if you can even call it that anymore.

I started sprinting in the direction of nowhere in particular. My super speed makes it easier to move around. I don't need a car, therefore, I don't need money for gas or anything but I'm, however, getting quite hungry. I felt the burner vibrate in my pocket so I came to an abrupt halt.

I was in the middle of the woods of who-knows-where.

I took a look up at the sky, it was a full moon tonight. Maybe I'll run into a werewolf or two. I haven't met one in a while. It would be interesting to see one again. 

I took the phone out of my leather jacket and answered it.

I waited for the caller to speak. He needs to say the code sentence for me to know that he's legit. "The road ends in darkness." A British male voice said. 

"A dark Night materializes quickly," I answered the man. 

"Miss Night, I have a task for you." The man said formally. His accent seemed mixed, he must have lived in many places over the extent of his life.

"Proceed," I answered coldly. I'm known for being professional and not taking anyone's bullshit. 

"We shall meet in New Orleans in two days." He continued. This man appears to be a man of power, I'm intrigued. His voice, however, does sound familiar.

"Affirmative," I answered and hung up. 

New Orleans... it's been a long time since I was there. About a hundred years ago or so. I started running in the direction of New Orleans, the wind blowing through my hair and my hearing on high alert for wolf-like creatures lurking in the night.

End of chapter 1

Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope I'll see you in the next one. If you have any questions just ask away^^

Until next time

~Eldriel