The Apprentice

Scarlett's POV Year: 1908

Another day, another mission. I may be a killer but I have morals... well some morals. I've actually been assigned to kill another vampire... Which is not a problem, since it's my food source after all. 

Puny, weak humans, on the other hand, is a problem. Sometimes they hit my weak spot and I fucking despise it.

An anonymous person managed to find some of my old employers (which is impressive, since most of them are dead) and made one of them deliver me a letter. Some people may not believe in killing the messenger but an old friend of mine told me that it might become useful. 

You know why? It sends a message. 

I was going to decline the request, so I killed the dude. However, I was simply too bored and now my employer knows I'm serious. Therefore, I accepted the offer by simply carving it into the messenger's forehead.

The letter contained a description of a woman that had been seducing men and then killing them in undesirable manners (Often drained of blood.). 

Tall, red-haired, blue-eyed, and beautiful. 

Some may believe that I'm describing my self, well my old self. But I'm not, she just simply fits my memo. I don't know her name. It doesn't really matter, she probably uses an alias anyway.

I crossed the street trying not to get hit by a carriage or even a car. You may every once in a while see a rich man with a car. I have to say, it is a quite interesting and useful invention. It was just announced that it will be available for everyone this year (for those who have the money to pay for it, that is). I've only been in one once or twice, it was pleasant but I still prefer to walk on my own two feet.

When I reached the other side I entered a dress shop. I took a look around appearing like I wanted to buy something. I had been told that the redhead would be here soon.

"Hello, miss. How can I help you today?" the seamstress asked. 

I gave her a sweet smile and stared deeply into her eyes.

"I'm doing fine, thank you. There'll be a red-headed woman entering this store soon. I want you to flatter her and tell me everything she tells you. Also, keep a lookout for anything suspicious." I nodded as the compelling slowly consumed her.

"I will, thank you." She smiled politely and moved to the back of the stores. 

My trap is set. 

I started to walk towards the exit, as I opened the door I bumped into someone. As I look up, guess who it was? The red-head.

"Oh, excuse me. How clumsy of me! I'm so sorry." I exclaimed quickly.

"It's okay. Nothing to worry about." She smiled and I moved to the side, so she could enter. 

 I exited the store and walked across the streets again, walking straight into the bar on the other side.

I asked the bartender for a beer and sat down close to the window, watching the woman as she moved around the shop. I can see why men fall for her like flies. She moved around graciously, always with a sweet and innocent smile on her face.