The Sons of Mikael

Scarlett's POV

I may sometimes claim that I came up with my name on my own but the credit goes partly to Mikael. After all these years I still intend to keep our agreement. I remember my purpose, my promise. All it took was to see Mikael again.

As I entered what I now call home I bumped into Klaus, with Elijah following close behind him. 

"My brother and I have some business to attend to. A series of vampire attacks have occurred all over the city and we have to make sure to stop any collateral damage with the witches... or any other supernatural being" Klaus said sternly, hiding all his emotions from me. 

His coldness stabbed something deep within me, however, my attention was drawn to Elijah who was staring at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. 

"Okay, have fun!" I beamed at Klaus. 

I tried to walk past them as quickly as I could but I was stopped by Elijah.

 "Be careful in there. My brother Kol is back and he is in a mood." I nodded in response and kept walking. Kol Mikaelson, interesting. 

I didn't even notice that he was missing. I assume Klaus staked him again...

I'm looking forward to meeting him properly since I only met him for a second when I supposedly was "sired" to Elijah, after all.

I've only heard stories of how he was in a coffin for most of his vampire life.

 Also, he was human recently after being resurrected by some witches. 

Oh, he also has a little, witchy girlfriend, Davina Claire. That may become an important fact. Mikael told me he acted like a psychotic maniac as a vampire and that's why Klaus put him in a coffin. 

To protect their secret and keep the rest of his siblings safe... 

I shook my head at the thought. Klaus is a narcissist. He probably did it to hide some sort of secret only Kol knew. It sounds more probable, at least. However, I have always had his anger issue in mind... They might appear useful. 

I entered the building and slowly walked up to the second floor. I skipped happily into Klaus's study where I sensed the presence of a very old vampire... Kol I presume. He must have heard me enter because he quickly turned around to face me. He had a huge smirk plastered on his face and an evil glint in his eyes. 

Is greeting someone with a huge smirk and an evil look a Mikaelson trademark? I feel I experience it too often for it not to be... 

"Who may you be?" He asked carefully. 

He has quite a young-looking face. He must be one of the younger Mikaelsons. Probably younger than Elijah and Klaus but not sure if he's younger than Rebekah. 

"Hi, I'm Scarlett." I smiled. 

"Oh, yes! You are Elijah's new plaything. I'm Kol, by the way. I believe we've met briefly a couple of times." He said, looking disappointed.

 Probably believing I was still a fresh vampire or still a groupie of the "we love Elijah" Club. 

Kol might become a problem. 

It's enough work to fool three Mikaelsons but four that's too much. Even worse, another Mikaelson with a grudge against Klaus, who might attack me or listen in when he shouldn't.

He has got to go. 

But, maybe I'll just have some fun with him first. 

I stared into his eyes and let my posterior fall. Kol instantly tensed when he felt the energy in the room change as I let my guard down. I've been keeping in every sign that I may be older than I am supposed to be for the last six-plus months, so my energy must come off me in shockwaves. It was one of the first things Mikael taught me.