Unanswered questions

Elijah's POV

I need to speak to her. She's been here for over three months and I've barely talked to her. After the whole sired episode I decided to keep my distance for a while, which I told Klaus and he laughed his ass off. 

I've been staying as calm as I possibly could around her but something doesn't seem right. As far as I knew she died over 800 years ago and then suddenly she ends up being the person I hire to assassinate my brother. Something just doesn't add up.

It may just be a coincidence but nothing ever appears to be a coincidence around this family. I need to get her away from our quarters to somewhere I can talk to her alone. There're too many ears around in this town. I have absolutely no chance to speak with her here.

Now that I've told Kol that we're sired it makes it seem less suspicious that she continuously follows me. Scarlett was not happy when she heard it. If looks could kill.

I'm lucky that she couldn't do anything to me for fear of getting caught. I still believe I'm superior to her. I am, after all, one of the original vampires. She's just a copy of a copy.

Scarlett or Alexandra, which one is your real name? I did go back and look for you after my brother and I left. The house was burnt down and I could smell your blood. I presumed you were dead. 

I had a huge argument that night with Klaus.

There was no doubt that he started that fire. He was too afraid of me leaving him or Father finding us, for him to leave any loose ends. I did leave him for a while after that and he revived Rebekah. 

I was furious at him for killing my true love and now she's back in my life.

However, she's no longer the woman I fell in love with. She's a cold-hearted killer.

She reminds me a lot of the other members of my family. She has the killer instinct of Kol, as good deception abilities as Klaus, the pride of Rebekah, the hatred of Finn, and my calmness. She's the ultimate killer.

Her act as a freshly turned vampire fools me a lot of the time. She reminds me so much of how she used to be and I almost forget that she's not. I guess that's how she drags you in. Like snake ready to strike.

I need to get inside her head. I need to know what really happened. 

I feel a hint of guilt from what happened to her. Klaus killed her whole family after all. 

I don't believe any of them survived the fire except her.

"Elijah!" I heard a voice sing. 

I could hear the click of heels walking down the corridor. Talk about the devil. 

Scarlett entered the room wearing a pair of high heels, jeans, a white top, and a leather jacket. She looked ravishing.

"Morning, Scarlett," I said calmly lifting my nose from the book I was reading. 

"Do you like my shoes? they're from my special collection." She winked and smiled brightly and innocently.

I could see a weak metallic shine from them. I instantly took the hint. They had hidden blades in them. Her constant flirting is very convincing. 

"Why do you always wear suits? It makes you look so uptight." She whined with a flirty pouty face.

The whole sired situation made it so that she had to try to impress me all the time or try to sleep with me, which is off-limits. 

It was one moment of weakness and it won't happen again. I was just so shocked by seeing her again and old emotion took a hold of me. I can admit that her seduction and manipulation skills are beyond what they used to be.

"What do you say about a training session this evening? You need to be able to protect yourself. Not every vampire here is friendly." I said closing my book and getting up from the chair. 

"Sounds like a lot of fun." She purred and walked closer to me. 

"Keep it down, you love birds! We all have sensitive hearing!" I heard Kol's voice shout from down the hall. Scarlett leaned her head back and let out a soft laugh.

I sent her a text with our meeting place. She nodded at me and then kissed my cheek. 

I heard someone make a gagging sound by the doorway. I turned around only to see Kol. 

"It's like watching a freaking teenage chic flic." He huffed and walked away. 

"Oh shut up! You're just jealous!" Scarlett yelled after him sticking her tongue out at him.

Then she turned to me, gave me another nod, and walked away. Finally, after all these months I can get my answers.

End of chapter 8

This was a very short chapter. It was to let you guys get a little insight into Elijah' s thoughts. He'll be back in the next chapter

Until next time

~El