The Plan

Scarlett's POV

It was like a complete blackout, and when I came to I was where I always seem to find myself...

 By the lake... watching the moon reflect on the water. 

I had gulped down every last drop of those blood bags as if they were nothing. 

Still, the hunger was stronger than ever. It took everything in me to focus on one thing at a time, and not all the rapid heartbeats surrounding me... pumping blood through their systems. 

The thought made my fangs extend in excitement. 

I could hear a weak voice in the back of my head telling me to get a grip, to not let it end like this, but I couldn't care less. 

I can do as I please now because I'm at the end of the line. 

This is it. There's no longer a reason to hide who I truly am. 

Nothing really matters anymore because this is my last joy ride before I die.

"Alexandra?" 

I knew that voice all too well... Elijah. 

How many times do I have to tell him to stop calling me that? 

I turned around slowly trying to look as human as possible again but failed miserably. 

There was no humanity left to show. My fangs wouldn't retreat and my eyes kept flickering back and forth from normal to what I knew was a mix between blood red and black.

"You asked me to meet you here." He stated, studying my appearance, my uncontrolled state with an expression I was unable to read. 

"I escaped as you can see," I smirked. 

I cannot recall asking Elijah to meet me here but I needed to speak with him about the plan anyway, so it doesn't really matter. 

"Yes, I believe my brother will discover that soon. He is on his way to check on you as we speak." Elijah said in a calm manner.

"I wish I could see the look on his face as he sees that empty room." I chuckled lowly and licked my lips. 

I could still taste the blood, the sweet, sweet blood. 

Elijah took a step closer, and I felt a shivering thrill go through me. 

"I suggest you keep a distance unless you wish for an unpleasant experience." I chuckled lowly.

My control was hanging by a thin thread. 

If he came closer I don't know what I would do and I don't have time to find out.

Elijah stopped in his tracks, keeping his gaze locked on me. 

"What did you do, Alexandra?" Elijah asked looking a mix between angry and concerned. 

I felt my whole body twitch at the mention of that awful name. 

"The same questions every time, Elijah. What happened to you, Alexandra? What did you do, Scarlett? Are you okay, Scar? You're getting too predictable, my friend" I said shaking my finger at him with a sly smile on my face.

"How about instead of answering your inquiries, I tell you my plan, then you may simply leave and not worry about me?" I stated with my eyebrows raised questionably.

 "Does that sound good? Good." I said and nodded at him, not letting him respond. I took a step back, keeping my distance as I proceeded to explain the plan. We will gather our forces and then attack tomorrow at midnight.