A Gathering

Elira's POV

The next day went by pretty fast. Elena and I made a deal that I would train with her every day except Saturdays. She wanted those days as a resting day, or more like a Stefan day... 

Elena may be weak but I have grown to take a liking to her the past few weeks. I get her appeal, honestly. She pretty, a nice body and a sort of helplessness about her that makes you want to help her. I mean, it has passed my mind but she's not quite my type. Anyway, let's get back to the subject.

As I've gathered Elena has had quite a few guys after her beside Stefan... (and Damon but we don't talk about that). Caroline Forbes, who seems to be quite the gossiper, tells me that she used to date Matt Donovan. Also, she was quite popular at school.

It's currently around 7 pm and it seemed that Elena had planned a get-together. There were some new faces but most I had met before. Caroline was here with Tyler Lockwood, a hybrid. One of Klaus' experiments. As I understand he's quite resentful. I just met him but he gives off an asshole vibe... so I don't see us becoming friends anytime soon.  

Stefan was with Elena, as always. Those two were the obvious couples of the group, beside them was Bonnie Bennet, a witch that seems oddly familiar for some reason. Alaric, Damon, and Matt. Matt is the only complete human in the room. Seeing that Alaric is a hunter. Jeremy did stop by but he still goes under the category; Hunter. Still an awkward vibe between us. I don't really care about it but you know teenagers... They don't get over something as embarrassing as that as easily. I chuckled to myself.

People were sitting or standing in the living room talking and laughing with each other. I, on the other hand, was standing a few paces away from them with a glass of bourbon in my hand. Probably looking like I was lurking about. As I studied them I realize how out of place I felt. They were all so young, full of life and wonder... Not knowing what the world may have in store for them. And I'm standing over here as a wise, old Gandalf.

From what I had gathered from Caroline they have been through the wrath of the Mikaelsons already. It was good to know that they could have related if I ever were to tell them the truth... They've all lost someone they loved. They shouldn't have had to go through all that at such a young age but I cannot say that I don't understand the feeling. 

I let out a sigh as I pushed myself off the wall I was leaning against. I walked unnoticed out on the porch and sat down, slowly sipping my drink, slipping deep into my thoughts.

-----------

I don't know how long I sat there but I was snapped out of my daze when someone sat down beside me. My glass was empty and I could hear the music blasting from inside. Judging by how dark it was outside it must be closer to 9 pm. I turned to look at my new companion, blond hair, deep-sea blue eyes... Matt.

"Hi, Ira." He smiled at me then turned his gaze to look down into the dark woods. He persisted in calling me; 'Ira'. Why? I have no idea... I guess nicknames were his thing. 

"Hello, Donovan. What brings you out here?" I asked looking in the same direction as him. I could smell the alcohol on him in waves. He had definitely been chugging drinks. 

"To be honest, I don't know..." He trailed off, then it was as if something popped into his head because he suddenly snapped towards me and continued speaking;

"You know what? I know exactly why I'm out here. After everything that has happened, I feel out of place being around my own friends... I'm basically the only human left in the godforsaken town!" He exclaimed pulling at his hair and throwing his hands in the air out of frustration. 

I looked at him in awe. I understand what he means... There have always been a lot of supernatural beings here, it's like a nexus for supernatural energy. Throughout the years I've overheard people talking about all the odd things that have happened in Mystic Falls. Also, how other vampires have been drawn to this place.