Oh, Brothers...

Scarlett's POV

1895, Birmingham, Great Brittain

Honestly, I have no clue why I am still remaining in Birmingham. I was tasked to kill the governor. It was an easy task. He was unable to keep his fingers off beautiful young girls, though he was married. 

I simply put on a disguise and integrated myself into society, making it easier to seduce him. It was not pleasant because he had the looks of a pig and was as fat as one too. He also sounded like he had run around the mansion a few times when he talked, his breath would fan over you like the stench of death. Watching him use young girls like that and no one stopping him almost made me lose control but I remembered my training and remained calm. 

I am glad he is gone, luckily he has no heir. We do not need more men like him.

I took a glance at the rundown town. London is a great deal bigger, however, they are both filthy. My eyes landed on a tavern that was packed with people. I walked over to the door but before I entered I took a look into one of the windows, mostly men. 

Not a shock, sadly. Women are not as appreciated as we should be but maybe in the future, it will be better.

As I entered the tavern, a young man caught my attention. Brown hair, neatly laid back, firmly built... and a vampire. I could feel the other men staring at me but decided to ignore it. Their filthy looks were simply perverted and disgusting. I put on a charming smile and approached him.

I smoothly slid in between the chairs by the bar. I carefully leaned my elbow on the counter and turned in his direction. Before I could say anything he opened his mouth. 

"Not interested." he lifted his hand creating a space between us not even looking at me. 

I felt a frown creep itself on my face, rejection is one thing but he is just being insulting. 

"Excuse you, sir. What do you take me for?!" I said offended by what he is implying. 

"A whore." The man stated plainly, his gaze resting on his glass of whiskey.

In one swift motion, I gripped  his shoulder tightly, as only a vampire could, and forced him to turn towards me, not caring if I broke his shoulder. 

His face switched from neutral to surprise to gravely serious. 

"Do I look like a whore?!" I growled lowly. 

The man studied me slowly, his gaze stopped on my eyes and stayed there. 

"No, miss. You do not. Pardon my rudeness." He apologized only to continue talking in a hushed tone. 

"I would so kindly suggest that you calm yourself before we both get in trouble." He finished with big serious eyes. 

I quickly realized why he was looking into my eyes, they were probably red, which is what happens to a vampire when they are angry or hungry.

"Apology accepted and thank you." I nodded and sat down beside him. 

"What would you like to drink? I believe I owe you one." He asked with a much friendlier smile than before.