Fight Me, Elijah

Elijah's POV

I grabbed Scarlett's hand and led her out of our home. 

Just as I was about to exit the main entrance I heard Klaus's voice behind me. 

"So you're finally taking the girl out for the first time in three months?" He said in a cocky teasing voice. I released Scarlett's hand and turned toward my brother.

"I guess it's time for you to confess your undying love for her." He said holding back a laugh and crossing his arms. 

I gave him a stern look. 

"Oh come on brother. I'm only having a little fun." He smirked. 

Suddenly he used his vampire speed to stand behind Scarlett and put both his hands on her shoulders.

"You two seem like such a nice couple. Don't you think, Scar?" Klaus asked using the nickname he'd given her. 

"I agree. We'd be the best couple in New Orleans." She smiled sweetly at Klaus. 

I sighed and looked down at the ground. 'This is not who she is any more' I reminded myself.

"You know, Scar. You really remind me of someone but I can't quite put my finger on it." Klaus said and walked in front of her. Studying her for a second. 

There was no reaction on her face. No sign that she was afraid of being busted.

"Stop bothering her, brother." I sighed. I walked up to him and put my hand on  his shoulder. 

"I'm taking her out to practice her fighting skills. She's living with us now, people will be after her." I stated. 

Klaus got a serious look on his face. 

"Well, yes, after we managed to piss off all the witches." He said. 

He put his hands behind his back and calmly walked around as he always does.

"Let us not forget about the wolves and... Hayley." I said letting a bit of emotion slip out of my mouth as I said her name. 

"Oh, yes. Let's not forget your love for the mother of MY child." Klaus growled. 

My eyes instantly snapped to Scarlett. 

"Love?" She gulped looking sad and lost. 

"Scarl-" I reached out to her but Klaus beat me to it.

"Don't worry sweetheart." He said and held hug her to his body. 

"Haley is not a problem anymore. You can have him all to yourself." He smirked at me. 

I gave him a death stare. I knew this was all an act from our side but it seemed too familiar. Scarlett walked over to me and hugged herself to my body.

"Look, brother. Perfect fit." He smirked and patted my back as he walked by me. 

Scarlett let me go and gave me a look. She seemed like she wanted to get out of here at once. 

"Follow me. I know where we can be alone." I used my vampire speed and ran.

I ran at my normal speed and suddenly I saw Scarlett beside me running calmly. That's odd. Normal vampires aren't usually as fast as me. Maybe she's giving it her all just not showing It? I increased my speed to almost my max. I looked around me not spotting Scarlett.

Suddenly something flashed through my side-vision and there she was, in front of me, laughing as she ran. An image from our past together flashed before my eyes. At that moment I saw the real Scarlett, my Alexandra.