Hayley

Benjamin's POV

After our encounter with Jakob, Darius and I made our way into the woods trying to find the local wolfpack. I decided to follow my nose because their scent was getting stronger and stronger the further in we went.

 "I like it when you act all animal-like," Darius said with a flirty tone in his voice. I turned to him and smiled. 

"And I like it when you get all witchy." I leaned in a gave him a peck on the lips. 

suddenly, an alarm went off inside my head. 

"We're not alone." I paused then took a quick look around. 

"They've surrounded us," I said taking a few steps forward.

"Hello, I'm Ben and this is Darius," I said loudly gesturing toward my husband.

 "We're here to help you. We want to take down Klaus once and for all, just like all of you," I paused and glanced around again. 

I could see their glowing eyes all in the darkness.

 "We are looking for Hayley! We are here to help her turn into a human again." I finished calmly. 

I kept my gaze on the treeline, I knew that was where they would be coming from.

Slowly but surely a wolf emerged from the woods. I took a knee and held my head low, showing that I was no threat. 

"I know you can't verbally communicate with me in wolf-form, and I know you can't change back because of what Klaus did," I said looking the wolf straight in the eye. 

By her stans, I knew who she was. The leader, and there's only one person that could be...

"You must be Hayley." I smiled.

 "Behind me, you can see my husband, Darius. He is a powerful witch. He is here to help." I paused

"Will you let him help?" I asked. 

The wolf looked over at Darius and then back to me. 

She slowly nodded. 

"Okay, good. Darius, come here and do your thing." I said and moved aside. 

Darius started the ritual to turn Hayley back to normal.

It didn't take long before she was her normal self again. I quickly threw some clothes at her, so she wouldn't feel indecent. She grabbed the clothes mid-air and put them on.

‐---------

"Scarlett, wait!" I heard Jakob yell from behind us. 

I felt a breeze and then May was standing beside me. Something about her was off. She looked feral. 

Blood was covering her hands, face, and hair. 

Worst of all her fangs were on full display something I've rarely seen

"I'm sorry. I couldn't catch up to her." I felt another breeze beside me and there was Jakob, looking bewildered. 

"It's fine," I replied.

I leaned in close to Jakob and whispered as I watched Darius fill Hayley in on the details of our plan.

 "What's up with Scarlett?" I asked him.

 "She's pumped up on human blood, man," he replied sounding on edge. 

"That's not good..." I said as the realization slowly sank in. 

"That's really, really bad," I replied sounding as on edge as him as I turned to her. 

It was as if she was in a trance. She was slowly swaying from side to side completely focused on Darius and Hayley. Every once in a while she would lick her lips and a small smile would appear on her face.