The Baby Of The Past

Scarlett's POV

The year was 1870. I stalked quietly through the house of my new victims. They were two vampires that had gone rough and created a great deal of problems for the other vampires in town. 

A woman, who went by the name of Lexi, was the one that contacted me. She appeared to be a woman of power in New Orleans. The other vampires followed her like lost puppies. 

Her two brutes Percy and Buxton,  didn't appreciate my rudeness towards her, but I mostly ignored them.

Lexi, however, knew that I was much older than them all. I was turned in the 1200s, so my age gave me experience and power they could only dream to surpass. 

She did, after all, contact me. She must have known the reputation of The infamous Scar.

Buxton seemed to be the one with the shortest temper and how I enjoyed bothering him. It was like poking a bear in unbreakable chains.

Lexi piqued my interest, so I investigated her thoroughly. 

She was turned in the year 1680. She had a human brother who died in a fire long ago, a fire that was meant for her. 

Speaking of brothers, I had a long-lasting conversation with her about two brothers that recently past through. She seemed worried about them. 

I don't know how we ended up on this topic but I played along. They seemed interesting either way. She said their names were Stefan and Damon Salvatore.

Stefan, the egotistical one. The one that only wanted eternity with his brother, free from their father's wrath, the brother he forced to become a vampire. 

I can say from experience that turning family is an awful idea, especially against their will. 

Stefan appeared to believe the whole world belongs to him and had no patience for anything or anyone.

Damon, on The other hand, was the sassy and arrogant brother that wanted to end his life as a vampire because of his lost love. 

If I remember correctly her name was Katherine Pierce. Not that it mattered to me. The brothers were more interesting than whomever Katherine was.

I look forward to meeting them. Honestly, I'm mostly intrigued by Damon. He seemed to shift from being righteous to wanting to destroy Stefan and murder as he pleases. 

Stefan never quite let go of his humanity. I wonder where Damon's humanity went or if it even went at all.

A creek from another room snapped me out of my thoughts. 

I used my vampire speed to run in the direction of the sound. I ended up in what appeared to be the sleeping chambers. 

I heard another creek right behind me but before the vampire could even attack I had him by the throat. 

"I'm not in the mood for messing around. Where is the other one?" I asked dangerously calm, tightening my grip on his throat.