The Smirk

Scarlett's POV     Year: 1948

This town is unbelievably boring. I've been in Europe for such a long time that I've forgotten how little that actually happens in America. I mean, Europe during World War II was a blast. 

People killing each other left and right. Who thought the Great War would change name to World War I so quickly? 

It's surprising how few people know that almost all the people around Hitler were witches. Do you really think he was that good at speeches? That was some trance spell-voodoo-shit. And don't get me started on Hitler's so-called "suicide"...

A familiar scent stopped my train of thought. 

Blood... 

I can sense a vampire close by. The smell of blood seems to always follow vampires. I'm hungry, so I might as well stop by for a quick chat with this vampire...

I wandered in the direction of the scent. The vampire's aura quickly told me that he or she was old, but not even close to my age. Maybe in the late hundreds. Cheers to whoever it is for making it this far. 

Maybe this country isn't so boring after all. 

I entered an alleyway. Why is it always an alley? Why not a cozy corner of a whorehouse or just a simple bench in a park? That would have been nice. 

"This one is taken, find your own." The vampire growled as quickly as I entered the dark place.

 By the deep voice and the musky scent, I do believe him to be a man. He must have gotten some money because his clothing is quite nice. 

"Oh, don't mind me. I'm just observing." I said and smiled sweetly. 

I leaned on my umbrella as I calmly waited for his probably over-the-top reaction. 

These vampire men are always so territorial about their food.  

As I expected, he used his vampire speed to appear in front of me before the body he was holding hit the ground. 

"Leave." He said sternly, flashing his fangs. 

He's quite handsome, I'll give him that. Bright blue eyes, jet-black hair however he doesn't appear to recognize that I'm much older than him. 

"I like what you're doing with your face. Quite Scary, I have to say." I smirked and let out a little snicker. 

That must have pocked his ego because he instantly swung at me but I saw it coming from a mile away. Before his fist even touched me, I had him up against the closest wall, by the throat. 

"That is no way to treat a lady," I said shaking my head. 

He was struggling against my grasp but gave up the second he realized that it was pointless. He can't be this weak, he just appears to have given up on more than just this fight.

"Now, can we have a civilized conversation, so I'll be able to decide if I should kill you or not? Don't run. Running will just sign your death sentence before the trial can even begin" I said calmly with an underlying tone of 'don't fuck with me'.