Mikael

Scarlett's POV

Reuniting with Mikael was exactly what I needed to get my focus back. Jakob went out and brought me some new clothes. Returning to the Mikaelsons mansion covered in blood would probably draw too much attention. The bottom of my new gray cardigan brushed against my hand as I walked down the street. The material felt soft against my skin. I have to give it to Jakob, his style is not that bad. A pair of skinny jeans, a top with "love" written on it, and this cardigan make me appear normal for a change. 

I quite like it but it's not like my usual hunting clothes. 

Man, I miss wearing them. They were so much easier to move in and, honestly, they look super good on me. 

Being... well more like pretending to be normal is very tiring. Why can't I just go back to being the simple, ruthless Scarlett Night? The person I was with Mikael...

Flashback Year: 1212 AD

"Focus, Child!" Mikael barked as he opened the window, letting the sun in. 

It burned me as I was strapped to a chair facing the window. Mikael was teaching me to endure pain, to not let others use torture to crack me in any way. It's been a few years since he turned me and I'm getting better at this whole deadly vampire thing. 

I felt the sun melting my skin, creating huge blisters across my face but I stayed quiet and focused. Distancing myself from the pain was my key to coping. To think about something else, sometimes being able to torture the one that is torturing me. My gaze moved slowly to Mikael after being burned alive for a few minutes, a stone-cold expression on my face. Mikael appeared expressionless as usual but I knew deep down he was proud. 

He had to be... 

"Ah, feels good, does it not?" I smiled sweetly as a piece of skin fell off my face. 

Mikael responded by shutting the window. I instantly felt my skin slowly start to heal. However, I avoided appearing relieved. I didn't want to give him any sign that I had been in great pain.

Mikael started to approach me. I thought he was going to release me but in a quick motion, he slapped me across the face, hard. 

"Never let down your guard. Not even around me, is that clear?!" He growled and let out an angry sigh. 

"Yes, master," I replied. 

Mikael simply huffed in response and walked towards the door. 

"Are you not going to release me?" I asked plainly. 

He didn't even look at me. He simply let out a defeated sigh and walked out the door, not looking back. Taking my lapis lazuli ring with him. 

"Fine, if that is how it is going to be..." I mumbled angrily. 

How could he just leave?! I've done everything he has asked for, how can he just-just leave me here?! It has to be a test...? yes a test! Of course. 

I used the last of my strength to rip the chains off my arms and legs. 

"I guess all that is left to do is wait," I whispered to myself.