Let It Stay Buried

Scarlett's POV

I was running in a field of tall grass that reached up to my chest. The sun was shining, the birds were chippering and I was happy. My red hair was blowing in the warm summer breeze. 

I let out a loud cheerful laugh as I ran faster. I reached a tree and quickly climb it. 

I sat down on a low-hanging branch and let my feet dangle off the edge.

My white dress was simple yet beautiful and I was too distracted to care if it got dirty. 

"Come on! You're so slow!" I yelled at a man running towards the tree. 

I let out a flirtaous laugh and watched as he got down on one knee. 

"My fair maiden. Will you not come down from the tree and keep me company." He said in a humorous voice. 

I admired him as his white loose shirt and his long brown hair blewin the wind. 

"Let me think about it," I said as I rose to my feet, standing on the branch. 

"Only if you catch me," I giggled as I let myself fall back down from the tree. 

I felt a pair of storm arms catch me. 

"You caught me," I said with a wide smile. 

"I will always catch you, my love." He smiled and put me down on my feet still holding me close to his body. 

We gazed into each other eyes and I felt happiness so strongly that it was as if it could choke me.

 He leaned in and kissed me and I returned it with as much love as I could. I felt his fingers intertwine with my hair, as he gently supported my head.

He slowly broke the kiss 

"I love you, Alexandra," he said with so much love that I felt as if I could melt. 

"I love you too, Elijah." I smiled and kissed him again.

-------

Suddenly everything started speeding up and I was standing outside a burning house, crying. 

"Mother! Father!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. 

I fell down on my knees hugging myself with my arms.

"Elijah! Someone! Help!" I screamed again. 

My voice was becoming hoarse from all the screaming. All I could do was watch the house burn down with my family inside. I should never have gone to the market. I should have stayed home. I could have saved them. 

This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for me.

Before another thought could be made, I felt something pierce my back from behind. 

Blood started seeping out of my mouth as I felt my lungs fill with blood. I tried to move my hands but they wouldn't respond. With all the strength I had, I managed to look down.