Chapter 8

***Aleana POV***

I look at the man as Frodo gestures to Butterbur, the innkeeper. 

"Excuse me, that man in the corner, who is he," Frodo asks.

"He's one of them Rangers; they're dangerous folk they are, wandering the wilds. What his right name is, I never heard, but round here he's know as Strider," Butterbur walks off. 

Strider? I had heard that name some where, but where? Suddenly it clicks, but before I can speak up, I hear Pippin's loud voice.

"Baggins? Sure, I know a Baggins...he's over there," I turn towards Pippin who was sitting at the bar, chatting with the locals. Frodo leaps to his feet and pushes his way towards the bar. Sam and I stand as well while Pippin continues to babble, the fool!

"Frodo Baggins," Pippin continues loudly, "he's my second cousin once removed on his mother's side, and my third cousin twice removed on his father's side...if you follow me."

Frodo grabs Pippin's sleeve, spilling his beer.

"Pippin," Frodo exclaims trying to pull him away from the others.

"Steady on, Frodo," Pippin pushes Frodo away and he stumbles backwards, falling to the floor. All attention turns to Frodo as I move to try to get to him. I see the ring get thrown in the air, hanging there for a split second before it crashes down onto Frodo's stretched finger. Immediately Frodo vanishes and there is a sharp intake of breath as everyone exclaims surprised. 

But I am unable to make sure of anything as my head explodes with pain, the same as the party and I fall to the ground, holding my head in sheer agony. And then just like last time, I am back in that dungeon, the pain gone. I look around frantically and my eyes fall on him. He had taken off his helmet, and straight white hair fell down over his shoulders. His pale face was grim, set emotionless and his orange pupils gazed at me. 

Perhaps if he wasn't so evil, he could have been regarded as handsome. 

My eyes widen as I move backwards, until I feel the stone wall behind my back. Sauron moves towards me until he is barely an inch away, him looking down at me as I looked up in fear. From the corner of my eye I see him bring up his hand and unwillingly I flinch, afraid he would hit me. But I am shocked as he cups my cheeks instead, bringing his face closer to mine so much so that I could feel his breath on my face. 

"I have waited too long my love. They have tried to keep you away, but you will remember me. And when you do, we shall rule in the darkness together."

And just like that the scene shiftedand I found myself staring at three very concerned hobbits before me.

"Aleana, what is wrong," Sam asks worriedly. 

"Nothing, where is Frodo," I stumble to my feet as Sam steadies me. 

"The man took him," Pippin shouts.

"What man?"

"The one in the corner, Strider, come we must save Frodo," Sam says as they run up the stairs. 

"Wait," I shout, but they are already halfway up and not listening to me. I run after them, hoping to stop them before they attack Strider. 

***Aragorn POV***

I push the Hobbit into the room and he turns to me, shrugging me off. 

"What do you want," he demands, trying to keep the fear from his voice. 

"A little more caution from you," I reply, "that is no trinket you carry."

"I carry nothing."

"Indeed? I can usually avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely...that is rare gift."

"Who are you?"

"Are you frightened," I ask.

"Yes."

"Not nearly frightened enough. I know what hunts you."

There is a noise in the corridor and Frodo jumps. I draw my sword just as the door bursts open and three hobbits appear in the doorway. One is squaring off with his fists, another is brandishing a candlestick and the last is holding a chair.

"Let him go or I'll have you, Longshanks," the one holding nothing cries out angrily. 

I sheath my sword, a slight smile playing on my lips.

"You have a stout heart, little Hobbit, but that alone won't save you," I am cut off by a shout from the corridor.

"SAM! PIPPIN! MERRY! Do not dare harm the man!" 

A woman runs in and I am taken aback by her beauty as she looks down at the hobbits angrily. I take in her appearance, her long black hair, her large hazel eyes, plump small lips, and fair skin. I had gazed upon many that were fair, but not so much as her. I notice a strangeness in my heart as she looks up and our eyes meet. Her eyes widen and a small blush graces her cheeks as she looks upon me, but she quickly composes herself, stepping in front of the hobbits. She was little less than a foot taller than me and had to slightly look up to meet my eyes. 

"I am sorry for my hobbits, they mean no harm, just protecting their friend," she turns back to the hobbits.

"He is of no danger to us, I have heard of him before. He is a friend of father's and thus a friend of ours. You have nothing to be afraid of from him."

"A friend of your father's," I ask and she turns towards me again, "may I ask who your father is my lady."

"I am Aleana, daughter of Gandalf the Grey."

***Aleana POV***

I had been completely taken aback when I looked upon Strider. He was more handsome than any man, or elf, or dwarf I had seen, and I had seen plenty in the many ages I have lived. His blue eyes were piercing, his shoulder length hair perfect and the small scruff handsome. Unvoluntarily I had blushed, but thankfully had composed myself just as quickly. 

"I am Aleana, daughter of Gandalf the Grey," I introduce myself and his eyes immediately go wide as he bows.

"Forgive me my lady, I did not know," he exclaims. I put a hand on his arm and he looks up to meet my eyes.

"That is not necessary at all, besides we are still in danger. It seems we can no longer wait for father. They will be coming."

Strider nods before leading us out of the Prancing Pony and across to another inn. We take up shelter in his room, waiting for the impending danger to pass. 

A/n: Yay! Aragorn <3 ! Well, I really hope you like this so far! If you have any suggestions or any other concerns, please let me know!

Comment and vote!

Thank you!