Chapter 50

***Aleana POV***

We stand quite a bit distance from the gate with our army, waiting for the Mordor army to attack, or show any sign of being there.

"Where are they," Pippin asks.

Aragorn turns to look towards him and then rides forward towards the gate with father, Legolas, Gimli, Eomer and a Gondorian standard bearer. We ride up close to the gate and I dismount from our horse. Aragorn looks down at me as I still stand next to Brego and him, and I nod at him with a small smile. He turns his attention back to the gate.

"Let the Lord of the Black Land come forth," he shouts at the Gate, "let justice be done upon him!"

The gates open and out comes Sauron's Lieutenant, riding towards us. I clasp my hands in front of me, tightly, as to stop them from shaking in fear. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the fear was evident in my eyes.

"My master Sauron the Great bids thee welcome," the lieutenant speaks, attempting a smile at the end of his sentence, but I grimace for he was horrifying to look at. But I stand my ground as he looks around at everyone, stopping his gaze on me, "Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me?"

"We do not come to treat with Sauron, faithless and accursed," father speaks, "tell your master this. The armies of Mordor must disband. He is to depart these lands, never to return."

"Aha! Old Greybeard! I have a token I was bidden to show thee," the lieutenant holds up Frodo's mithril shirt in front of us and my eyes go wide. Did that mean he had been captured, and if so this is all in vain.

"Frodo," Pippin shouts distressed as the lieutenant throws the shirt at father who catches it swiftly.

"Silence," father commands.

"No," Merry shouts out, equally distressed.

"Silence," once again father commands.

"The Halfling was dear to thee I see," the lieutenant speaks mockingly, "know that he suffered greatly at the hands of his host. Who would've thought one so small could endure so much pain? And he did Gandalf, he did."

Tears start in my eyes, my hands covering my mouth to stop the sob building in my chest from ripping out. Aragorn suddenly moves forward and I look to him surprised. Even the lieutenant turns his attention to Aragorn.

"And who is this? Isildur's heir," the lieutenant's voice remains mocking, "It takes more to make a King than a broken Elvish blade."

Suddenly, Aragorn sweeps out his sword and beheads the lieutenant in one movement. We all look on surprised as his head falls off and rolls away.

"I guess that concludes negotiations," Gimli states and Aragorn turns to us.

" I do not believe it. I will not," he says confidently and I nod, agreeing. If they had really captured Frodo, Sauron would have had the ring and if that was the case, we wouldn't be having this conversation for we'd all be dead. I move towards Aragorn as the gate slowly begins to open, and take his hand in mine.

"For Frodo," I say and he nods, before pulling everyone back to his army, riding towards them. I stand there, watching them go as they all look at me sadly. With one last smile their way, I turn to face the opening gates.

When the orcs spot me, they are surprised, looking to each other, unsure of what to do. My eyes cast to the eye on top of the tower before falling on an orc in the front, who seemed to be leading the others.

"Leav alnej avhrough, leav alnej go avo your maukavas. [let me through, let me go to your master.]"

The orc nods, shouting to the others and they part, creating a path for me to walk down towards the tower. As I take a step towards it, the orcs suddenly bow and the leader speaks.