Chapter 21

This chapter is dedicated to  EmilyHerbin who was the first to vote on my book. Thank you mellon!

***Aleana POV***

Father finally figured out where to go and we follow him as he leads us down and through an arched doorway. There is much more darkness here and father pauses. 

"Let me risk a little more light," he taps his staff and light blazes, illuminating the area around us.

"The great realm and Dwarf-city of Dwarrowdelf," I say, awe-struck as everyone looks around at the sight before us. The roof stood far above our heads, upheld by many mighty pillars of stone. It was truly a sight to behold. 

Suddenly GImli runs towards a room and we follow hurriedly, trying to stop him. We rush into the chamber and I see a narrow shaft of sunlight beaming in from a small hole and falling directly on a stone table in the middle of the room. Gimli falls to his knees, crying, and I walk up to it, translating the inscripation of runes carved into the stone slab. 

"'Here lies Balin, son of Fundin, Lord of Moria," I whisper, a tear escaping my eye as well. 

"He is dead, then," father says, "it's as I feared."

I bow my head in respect, whispering a few words for Balin. When I look up again, I see father lifting a book, and opening it. He begins to read.

"'They have taken the Bridge and the second hall: we have barred the gates...but cannot hold them for long...the ground shakes...drums, drums in the deep...we cannot get out. A shadow moves in the dark. Will no one save us? They are coming."

Suddenly a loud noise rings through the mines and we turn to see that Pippin had accidentally hit a skeleton, causing it to fall down a deep well. It echoes loudly and we hold our breaths when it finally stops. 

Father turns to Pippin angrily. 

"Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time, and rid us of your stupidity!"

I move to a chastened Pippin, taking him in my arm while whirling towards father, glaring at him.

"Father," I say angrily and he just looks at me when suddenly there is low sound of a drum. The anger leaves us as we look around at each other as the sound grows. Eyes fall on Frodo's sword which was glowing blue.

"Orcs," Legolas exclaims as we draw our weapons, pushing the hobbits behind us. Aragorn and Boromir rush to close the door. 

"They have a cave-troll," Boromir says exasperated. I notch an arrow in my bow, aiming at the door. 

It bursts open and I release my arrow, see it embedding itself in an orc's neck, killing him immediately. I look to see Aragorn battling five orcs at once, slashing at them ferociously as they fought back. 

I stood in the middle of the room releasing my arrows and hitting my targets. I see the cave troll sweep his club at Aragorn, who stumbles back as the club descends for the killing blow. My eyes widen, letting an arrow loose to hit the troll in his throat, but it does nothing to him. 

Just as the club is about to hit Aragorn, Boromir comes to the rescue, blocking the hit and slicing the arm of the troll, who stumbles back screaming in pain. 

I see three more orcs rush into the room and I rush forward, jumping on the stone slab to jump off it just as fast while fitting three arrows to my bow. My feet leave the stone slab and I turn in mid-air, letting the arrows go and each one hits the orcs, dropping them to the floor. I expertly land on my feet. 

I quickly turn around to see a dazed Aragorn on the ground and an orc standing above him to kill him. In the next second, I had pulled a dagger out of my shoe and let is sail across the room, hitting it's mark. I run to him, and see him slowly opening his eyes. 

A sigh of relief passes my lips, but it is short-lived as I hear Frodo's agonized scream from behind me. I turn and see the cave-troll had managed to run a spear through Frodo and my eyes widen as Frodo slumps to the ground, dead. 

At that moment a vicious anger brews within me and I can hear a sliver of Black Speech in my ear. 

"Look aav whaav najor hauk done [look at what he has done]," the voice whispers and I know it is Sauron, but anger in me clouds my judgement as I glare at the troll, "Uuke avhe ring, baj naj-ri ukuffas. Saausan avhe worduk. [use the ring, make him suffer. Say the words.]

I slowly pull an arrow out of my quiver, placing it in my bow and drawing it back, aiming at the troll. I let the words that appear in my mind flow from my lips. 

"Afar avhe powas ro avhe raumn ukuffas [by the power of the ring suffer]," my arrow, that was normally a light white colored, turns black at my words and I let it go, hitting the troll square in the forehead.

He pauses, and then roars out in agony, writhing in pain as he falls. Black lines protrude from his body, as if the very blood in his veins were clotting. But I did not care as he suffered to death.

***Aragorn POV***

I get up slowly and move towards a slumped over Frodo, pulling him up, the spear falling from him. The others crowd around as well, except for Boromir and Aleana who were still fighting. 

Suddenly Frodo coughs, taking a huge breath.

"He's alive," Sam exclaims shocked.

"I'm alright, I'm not hurt," Frodo reassures us.

"You should be dead," I say shocked, "that spear would have skewered a wild boar."

Frodo opens his shirt to reveal a mithril shirt and I sigh in relief, a small smile finding a way on my lips as I look to him. The rest of the orcs run away for the moment, but our small victory is short-lived as her voice flows through the chamber. 

We turn to see Aleana standing, facing the troll and chanting in the Black speech. Her eyes are no longer a beautiful hazel, instead turning into an eerie orange. There was anger on her face and a strange evil emanated from her. 

Her once beautiful arrow turns black and hits the troll, who falls to the floor, suffering till his last breath. Slowly Aleana turns around to face us, but I could tell she couldn't really see us, the evil still present in her eyes and anger etched on her face. 

At that moment I knew Sauron was trying to take over her mind.  

Slowly, I stand and move towards her. Legolas grabs my arm to stop me, muttering a warning, but I shrug him off. Aleana watches me as I move towards her, the gentle kindness gone from her eyes. She looked at me with nothing, but anger. 

I stand right before her, my body close to her as I look down at her. She looks to me, but says nothing, makes no move. 

I take her face in my hands, looking into her eyes. It was as if she didn't even recognize me as she glared back. 

"Aleana," I whisper, trying to invoke some kind of response from her, but she does nothing. I place my forehead against her's, feeling her breath fan my face. 

"Tul a n'alaquel a' amin [come back to me]," I whisper to her before gently placing my lips on her's. 

A/n: OMG that ending! Woohoo they finally kissed! Well...Aragorn kissed Aleana, but OMG! What do you guys think?!

Comment and vote!

Thank you!